Inspiron 2650 memory upgrade

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
August 21, 2004 11:04:33 PM

Hi all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 2650 Series laptop with 256MB DDR SDRAM,
200MHZ, 2DIMMS.
And I want to upgrade the memory upto 1GB but the Dell and other sites
say that the Maximum memory for such pc is 512MB. Does that mean that
i can't upgrade my laptops memory beyond 512MB or can I put a 512mb
ddr sodimm 200 pin pc2100 266mhz memory module in the user-accessible
slot. Would that make the system memory to 512 + 128 (memory in
factory configurable slot) = 640 MB ?
Or else how can I upgrade the memory of my system and upto which
limit?

Please suggest!

Thanks in advance.

rohit.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
August 22, 2004 6:36:28 PM

news:D 40fc92a.0408211804.54b81d6c@posting.google.com...

I pretty well trust the memory configuration utility at www.crucial.com
which indicates for your model a maximum of 512MB which would be achieved
with two 256MB modules.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProduc...

http://tinyurl.com/wqv3

I was just trying to help.