o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Building a new TJ07 with a whole lotta customizations I plan on doing in the future. This will be my build log and it will be a WIP(work in progress) for quite a while! Stay tuned for more :D

Case: SilverStone TJ07. This is the Coolit edition of the case as I wasn't able to find a new regular TJ07 for a half decent price. IMO not worth it to pay like $300 for just a case! Especially with all the changes and mods I plan to do!
img0129ws.jpg

The main parts:
img0116kmv.jpg

MCP655 Pump
APOGEE HD CPU Waterblock
MCRES-MICRO Reservoir
MCR420 Quad Radiator
MCR240 Double Radiator
XSPC 690 Waterblock
Big Bang MPower Z77 Motherboard
img0118oo.jpg

GTX 690 4GB ;)
img0119jmv.jpg

i7 2700k
img0117oa.jpg

Excited for my build and gonna quickly tear everything out of it boxes to assemble everything to fit the case and see how it feels!
I'll be aiming for a blue/white/black colour scheme. With all the parts being blue and white with the exception of some black from the case and mobo :)

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Now immediately when I got the case I knew I had to do something about the side panel. It comes quite ugly IMO as there is an extra 120mm fan put there which takes away from the case's classy look. Here's what I mean:
82792430.jpg

Credits to google images for this image. Couldn't get a clear picture of mine.

Heres how it looks after I cut it:
img0132tp.jpg

img0133xq.jpg

Not bad for freehand hacksaw cutting :)
For all you wondering if I am just gonna put acrylic glass, I plan to put mesh covering the drive bays, and the rest will be acrylic which displays everything inside of the case!

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Now it's time to install the GPU waterblock!!
Time to unbox the waterblock and check out the contents!
img0080ki.jpg

Looks pretty good! Has a nice clean look which will help add to the overall build.
img0083xn.jpg

img0085yf.jpg

Also comes with some thermal paste:
img0086mof.jpg

Alright time to get down to business. Time to tear apart this beast!
gtx690.jpg

img0087qp.jpg

img0088kbn.jpg

At this point I've removed the heatsink, stock thermal paste and replaced them with the new thermal paste and pads! I used Arctic Silver 5 if anyone was wondering. Now time to get the waterblock on!! This waterblock is quite heavy compared to a few other blocks I've felt. This weighs a few pounds at LEAST!
img0089hz.jpg

img0090jb.jpg

Not liking the red washers that the waterblock comes with. May switch them out later if I feel a need to.
Here's how the card looks with the block installed:
img0091dc.jpg

Looking quite clean :D

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

Thanks for looking :) Glad to know someone likes what I got so far!
I just put the side panel on a couple wooden saw stands that I found laying around, and cut them with the saw. A thing to note is that I am able to detach the blade from my hacksaw and attach it at an angle, otherwise it would've been impossible for me to cut it properly. Other than that it was pure brute strength :D The panel edge wasn't that straight or perfect when I just cut it though, I had to do a lot, and I mean a LOT of filing.
A tip I would suggest is drilling a hole every cm or inch apart along the line you plan to cut on, as it will make it a lot easier.

Lutfij

Titan
brute strength huh? I think I'll pass and save up for the tools :) well if you have the time, please pop by my build logs and feel free to give some feedback. Particularly on cutting the parts of the case in another method :)

keep up the good work. How come your build log gallery thread pic is of a complete system and I'm yet to see it here?

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
So since I already showed most of my hardware I thought that I might as well show whatever else I plan on using.
My compression fittings are the Swiftech Lok-Seal 3/8"IN 5/8"OD and I personally think they look really clean and classy with the logo :)
Here's how it looks:
lokseal.jpg

And I've got 8 of them as I plan to do two blocks and two radiators :)
img0135dp.jpg

img0134he.jpg

For a PSU I will be using a Corsair AX750 as it is fully modular and has excellent reviews throughout many forums :)
img0136nr.jpg

img0137kg.jpg

Hard drive will be a Seagate 1.5TB 7200RPM drive and an Intel 330 Series 120GB drive for OS and some games!
img0138qgt.jpg

And tubing, who could forget the tubing? I will be using the Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT UV blue and white tubing with 3/8"IN and 5/8"OD.
img0121tp.jpg

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

Yeah the tools will save you a lot of trouble, trust me :) I'll be sure to check out your build after I finish up some things, and I'll try, though I prefer doing things by hand hehe.
The build log gallery picture is just a quick teaser pic for the system as I just put it together. I will be uploading the pictures of everything fitted soon. Gotta stay in order and introduce everything I'm putting into the build before I show how everything looks when I combine it :D

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Now after fitting everything in and powering it on, this is how the computer looks!
img0113jr.jpg

img0124vx.jpg

img0115lep.jpg

Still have a long way to go before I'm finish, but I'm liking the look of it already :) Colour scheme fits me perfectly. Now just gotta make the mobo tray black, and do a custom backplate along with some drive bay covers. Did I mention the white sleeving looks great? :D
I also plan to throw the 240mm radiator in the bottom once I figure something out. Don't have any cable management holes right now so all my cables are sitting at the bottom which means no room :(

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

Yeah, this is quite an expensive case! Fortunately I got it for about half the price from someone local hehe.

Quick update: sleeving dem sata cables :)
img0122pl.jpg

img0123vn.jpg

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

Yeah I know there are a lot of ugly cables going on at the bottom of the case :(
I'm still planning on some cable management holes along with a custom backplate, midplate, and mobo tray which should hide the cables quite well!
Thanks for the input though :D

edit: The TJ07 has the absolute WORST cable management that I have every seen in any case before.

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

Just did the typical sleeving method using a heatgun and some sleeving. Cutting the sleeving with a heat knife was also a must.
However, the sleeving that I used was some cheap $1 sleeving off eBay, so it looks quite bad. I plan to purchase some MDPC next time they're open :D

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

Couldn't I just leave the top barb off and let it run overnight or something? As for filling I think I can just slide it out and pour fluid in. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks again, Lutfij :D

Builds looking good, I like it!

I would get an internal reservoir for this, dual 5.25" reservoirs aren't as convenient as they seem (especially when there's a pump inside and vibrating like a merry hell). Filling is easy since its just a matter of sliding it out and power cycling, but to drain the loop is much more painful unless you have a drain valve or T-Line. You do need to leave a bit of slack in the tubing to allow for it to slide out, which doesn't look as good as tighter tubes IMO.
Also its near impossible to get rid of bubbles from a 5.25" reservoir. Requires tilting the whole case and even then it may not be possible due to the design of the fill port.

Would try and incorporate the reservoir into the aesthetic rather than hiding it. Maybe something like this.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17493/ex-res-429/Bitspower_Water_Tank_Z-Multi_250_Inline_Reservoir_-_Ice_Blue_BP-WTZM250P-IBLBK.html?tl=g30c97s165#blank

Though of course, it is your build. Do whatever you like with it.