Sign in with
Your question

Primary ide not detected, unable to boot from cd

Last response: in CPUs
May 6, 2010 12:32:12 PM

Hello,
I need help. I have set my bios to boot from cd, but as I save and boot from bios and am promted to press any key to boot from cd, my keyboard is un responsive. I have two keyboards both are working but computer won't acceppt the command? I also cannot detect my primary IDE controller. During boot the system check shows my cd/dvd and second primary and then shows the hd as third primary. It does detect my wd 160gig drive though but no 1st primary. Where am I going wrong?
a c 81 à CPUs
May 7, 2010 1:45:32 AM

If you can make changes to your bios then the keyboard is definitely working.. Check with the master slave settings for your ide drives.. This provided that all your driver have the proper working power connectors fixed to them..
a b à CPUs
May 7, 2010 5:51:51 AM

The cd may not be bootable. What is the cd?
Related resources
May 17, 2010 3:55:43 AM

The cd is a xp home sp1. I have the sp 2 and 3 iso's on separate cd. The computer has fried two of my keyboards. I have yet to flash the bios. should I look into that? The computer is a cisnet. Not very happy with this mobo.

Any ideas?

May 17, 2010 4:12:40 AM

Emperus said:
If you can make changes to your bios then the keyboard is definitely working.. Check with the master slave settings for your ide drives.. This provided that all your driver have the proper working power connectors fixed to them..

hey there...yes the keyboards still work partly. When I turn the computer on you can hear a spark or short flash the keyboards, thus rendering them useless. part of the boards work but not all keys. Like the up arrow works but not the down... number lock works but not the caps lock. I have never manually flashed a bios and am not finding any help with cisnet. Do you know how i world discover my mobo's model number?
Any info would help....

Thanks!
!