Tags:
  • New Build
  • CPUs
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 28, 2010 7:12:50 AM

Here is my systems specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte G41M-ES2L
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM (two 1GB RAM sticks run in dual channel mode)
G-Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
HDD: 500GB SATA
Optical Drive: Philips DVD+RW DVD8601

The case is a Thermaltake Xaser III. I bought it second hand in good condition, the power supply came with it, I dont know what its rated at. It has 6 case fans (i think, i may have missed one), not including the CPU fan. It has fan controls installed on the front, a CPU temperature monitor, which was accidentally not put under the CPU, so it now reads out internal case temperature. Never seen it run over 32'C. The secondary USB hubs, firewire, and audio input/output plugs that are supposed to be on top of the case are not working. Labling issues with those particular cables meant if i installed them, I ran the risk of destroying my entire system (so i didnt install them). All other cables are fine. The case is HUGE. There is tonnes of room in there for expansion. I didnt mean to get one that big for what is inside it, but it was cheap.
No overclocking, some of the parts are still under warranty. If it runs out, i might overclock it.

All I wanna know is, if I were to sell this thing, how much would you expect to see it for? Please no jokes saying its not worth anything/much at all. I'm not expecting you to buy it, you dont have to haggle. I just want a rough price.

Cheers, and sorry if this posted in the wrong spot. :D 

EDIT: Maybe i should mension most of the components are brand new (HDD, RAM, Mobo, CPU Fan). Dunno if this makes a difference.

More about : system worth

February 28, 2010 7:46:09 AM

Not lying or joking. You'd be lucky to get 250-300 Canadian.

Only worth, is for someone looking for a cheap system for web browsing. Here's my guess at the individual worth of the components.

CPU ~35
HDD ~40
Optical Drive ~15
GFX ~40
Mobo ~35
RAM ~20
Case ~50%-80% of retail (depending on condition)
Total Estimate = ~185CN before adding in the case.

Hope that gives you an idea on what to expect. Now if you are good, you may be able to sell it for more.
a b à CPUs
February 28, 2010 4:04:34 PM

Agreed it aint worth much. Your better off keeping it.
!