Latest LCD comparison

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
Excuse me.....but WHAT THE F#$% was that latest article about....
How come U guys review the latest and absolutely most recent and expensive pieces of hardware on the market..on the day they r released wether its a CPU, Video Card, motherboard, PDA, Printers, Hell...even game controllers wheels and joysticks..some of which even costing like 300 dollars...but when it comes to LCDs..which actually have VERY FEW REVIEWS ON THE NET...especially the HIGH END ONES...u guys just keep on feeding us crap comparison articles....

The IYIMA has the FASTEST response time: 20 ms...
were u living under a rock or something for the past month or so...

TOM..your site is supposedly the most respectable hardware related site on the net...and we like others expect to read the LATEST in it...and not some stupid article written like 2 months ago.....

Just my 2 cents

zlcd

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2002
lol, he did say that "The IYIMA has the FASTEST response time and first in the world..." this is 2nd time I am disappointed in THG. First time when he was highly recommending mobo Gigabyte KT333 about 6 month ago (I bought it based on his recommendation like many other people did) and it turned out total piece of crap (locking up, wouldn’t pass 3d mark test etc…) and lot of people complained here.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Chill out. Tey have an update review almost always lol. I'll speak w/ DStell and reccomend they review CML174 and the viewsonic. Possibly they couldn't get their hands on one though.....

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
Its all cool amigo.....but it kind of bugs me...
Tom's & Anandtech are the FIRST sites to review any piece of hardware on the net...then u see tons of articles popping up on other sites but always after a few days..or even weeks.....but when it comes to LCDs...which are really HOT these days...i still see phased out older models...
And BTW...why's it that always the French lab is doing the LCD reviews..eventhough Belinea..AOC...QDI...LG...and Hercules are not the hottest brands in LCDs...

Samsung..NEC..Hitachi...EIZO..: ATI...NVIDIA....ANYONE??

ozman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2003
What's just a good, cheap LCD monitor with good resolution and contrast. Something basic. 17" is just fine.

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
it's true i'd like to see THG and Anad's keep more up to date with 19" + LCD monitors, but hey, just email them and perhaps they will :)

AJBob

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2003
It could be the location and acessability of the models, The Hitachi 174CWXB isn't released yet in high street stores in the UK, i had to get it off Dabs.com and even then it took an age (1 and a half weeks).

Water cooling for increased performance
Vodka cooling for increased enjoyment

OLDSKOOL

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2002
Im about to order one myself and theres a few stores doing it a heck of a lot chaper then Dabs..

370 - 380 inc delivery.

But since u got one are u well happy with it??

ie: is it the dogs bollox??