Sign in with
Your question

Which one should I buy?

Last response: in CPUs
May 6, 2010 4:33:21 PM

I'm quite new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this is the place to ask about this topic. My computer just fried, so I have to get a new one.

Of these two computers, both of which are from Costco.com, which one is the better deal?

I know that the computers have different types of Phenom II x6 chips, but is that a big deal? One is 760G, and the other is 780V.

In terms of the prices, for $200 less, I can get the $799 computer and add my own graphics card, right? The bluray player is not a big deal for me.

Other than that, are the two pretty much the same? I'm puzzled as two why one is so much cheaper than the other. As the ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 Video Card w/ 1GB VRAM is not that expensive.

Please let me know what you guys think, I know how to put a computer together, but that's pretty much it.

Thanks a bunch for your help,
Wendy

More about : buy

May 6, 2010 4:52:11 PM

It really depends on what your main use for the computer is going to be.If you know how to build a PC then I say build your own.I bought a dell 5 years ago and paid alot of money for it.I wish I knew something about computers back then because I got ripped off.For 2grand I could have built my own beast.You should build around an AMD 6 core chip.Of course the intel bench marks are alot better but performance vs cost the ball goes to amd.Like I said,It really depends what your principal use will be.
m
l
a c 81 à CPUs
May 7, 2010 1:34:09 AM

^+1
Always good to build your own.. There is enough educated help available to you through this entire site.. Just list your primary use(s) with your pc.. Stuff like apps you plan to use, your criteria about looks, noise etc..
m
l
Related resources
May 7, 2010 1:57:45 AM

^ Agree

Building your computer is actually REALLY easy. If you don't want to build one, you can pay somebody a little but and they will build one for you for a lot cheaper and you can put W/E you want in it for what you are going to use it for.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 7, 2010 3:16:05 AM

summeress said:
I'm quite new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this is the place to ask about this topic. My computer just fried, so I have to get a new one.

Of these two computers, both of which are from Costco.com, which one is the better deal?

I know that the computers have different types of Phenom II x6 chips, but is that a big deal? One is 760G, and the other is 780V.

In terms of the prices, for $200 less, I can get the $799 computer and add my own graphics card, right? The bluray player is not a big deal for me.

Other than that, are the two pretty much the same? I'm puzzled as two why one is so much cheaper than the other. As the ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 Video Card w/ 1GB VRAM is not that expensive.

Please let me know what you guys think, I know how to put a computer together, but that's pretty much it.

Thanks a bunch for your help,
Wendy

$200 difference is an expected amount for an Blue Ray player and dedicated video card over a similar system without these parts, on a prebuild anyway. The system with the Blue Ray Player and dedicated Video card also is running DDR3 memory, the cheaper one is running DDR2. They both have the same identical processor. The difference is the chipset on the motherboard, and one is basically for onboard video, the other is not. They are both considered value branded chipsets, nothing high end there.
If you know how to put a computer together, for land sakes build your own. Whatever wall you hit, you can get fast answers right here on the forums.
m
l
!