ruvimd83

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hello!

Yesterday, I purchased 2 corsair solid state drives. I Installed it on my computer and began to install my operating system (windows vista). Everything seemed to be working fine, I was very excited to see that my computer was much faster and all. Then all of the sudden after Windows vista installed it needed to restart. And after restarting I get the BSOD and my computer restarts. I can never get it to load the OS and the BSOD blinks so fast that I cant catch what it says. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

RealBeast

Titan
So you installed one of the two SSDs and disconnected all your other hard drives, then set the bios to AHCI for the SATA mode and then got a BSOD on attempt to install Vista? I would probably just start the reinstall process over again, hard to fix an install BSOD. You didn't set the bios to AHCI after the install, did you?

Twistedben

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I ran into this when I installed my OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD. The root cause is the SATA controller. When I installed my SSD I had bios SATA set to RAID config and windows 7 would NOT install for the life of it. I had it Raid because I have 2x 1tb CB WD HDDs. Intel will say SATA RAID supports AHCI mode, but it seems SSDs are really touchy with that. Redo the installation with this time have SATA in AHCI mode.

G

change the BIOS to AHCI and then run the setup for the install of Windows Vista, No need to raid a SSD, Personally the only thing i would RAID is a data drive in mirror mode, One SSD for the OS and Programs or Games that you want to use the speed for and then conventional drives for data and mirror those if you can't live without it :)

ruvimd83

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
I would really want to set it up as RAID since I bought 2 SSD's. If this isn't possible then I will just go ahead and return the SSD's and hook up my raptor again!

RealBeast

Titan

While possible to RAID 0 the two SSDs it is not a good choice IMO. If you do decide to stick with the RAID, you need to set it up in the bios and have the driver to install at the beginning of the Windows install.

My preference would be to install the OS one one drive using AHCI mode, and use the second as a program drive.