Creative Titanium HD

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Can anyone please tell me when will we get to see the creative titanium HD in India, its reviews and discussions, etc. Though it is displayed in creative's singapore website, I am not getting any reviews on the net. I want to have one. I just want to see the comparison of Auzen Home Theatre HD with Creative Titanium HD. And what can be its price in India?

thefivetheory

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I don't think Creative has even actually released the card in Singapore yet. On the SG website it's not available for purchase. That said, if I remember correctly the initial press release suggested availability in March, so it could be relatively soon.

I don't know about the price in India, but I also seem to recall reading somewhere that the price would be about USD300. Kind of pricey for what seems to be a slight upgrade over the existing Creative lineup, IMHO.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
The price is S$ 299, which is about $214 US. This translates to Rs 9,692. However, add in taxes, duties, cess, & you are looking at roughly around 13 - 15,000 Rs.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

Thanks a lot.

As far as specs and pics of titanium hd released in different sites, I found that it only outputs 2ch. audio through a pair of RCA jacks. Is it true that I cannot connect my t7900 or s750 (in future) to that card? Now if that is so it's just unbelievable and horrible for such a card.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Don't worry, you'l be able to connect your 5.1 to the card, but you'l probably have to do that through the ordinary audio line out jack (3.5mm). In which case, the sound will not be true 5.1.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

t7900 and s750 are 7.1 speakers. Do you mean that the card will not output discrete 6ch. or 8ch. audio like the previous generation x-fi cards?

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
AFAIK, getting discrete x.channel surround sound requires you to connect the x no of speakers to the appropriate slots in the sound card. I guess if you connect all of them to a single sub/amp & then connect that to the 3.5mm jack slot of the sound card, you won't get true channelised sound. That's because, the single port cannot transmit all the audio data for each individual channel. Thus, it will give only an ordinary 'surround sound' experience.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

Then such a sound card is not called multi channel one, since it only outputs two channels discretely and not more than that. that means I cannot connect creative t7900 or s750 which requires discrete 8ch. output from the sound card. I am disappointed. Now if it is 2ch. sound card, I do not understand what is the use of its EAX 5.0, 64MB X-RAM, and other gaming hardware. For 2ch. output 16MB normal RAM and EAX 3 is max. required. WEIRD. Please help.

thefivetheory

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I'm pretty sure the Titanium HD has a digital output, which means you could likely output 5.1 DD or possibly DTS. With that said, it sounds like your speaker setup needs an analogue connection, so you probably want to consider another sound card. The Auzentech X-Fi Forte and the Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty would both meet your needs as they have EAX 5.0, X-RAM for whatever its worth, and 7.1 analogue output.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

I already own a x-fi titanium (not fatal1ty) and a t7900, and I think it is not worth paying another Rs11000 for just the fatal1ty. Then as you said my only option left is Auzen Home Theatre HD. I was wanting the titanium HD as it is superior to Auzen H.T HD. And also it just too much difficult to get Auzentech cards in Kolkata. Should I wait for other 2nd gen. x-fi card to be out.

thefivetheory

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Personally, if you want a "better" card than your X-Fi Titanium with analogue 5/7.1, get the Forte or the Home Theater HD (the Forte should be less expensive, if you can find it for sale). I'm not sure why you think the Titanium HD is superior to the Auzentech cards, though.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

I feel it like that, and to be 100% sure we need to see reviews and comparisons, which should be available when it is released. If I find Auzentech Home Theatre HD to sound better than the Titanium HD, then of course I will go for Auzen H.T HD, if I can get one over here. Titanium HD is rumored to use better quality components on board than any other Creative or Auzen and it also uses 2nd generation x-fi chip (not there in Auzen H.T HD), supporting THX TruStudio fully, which used to be found only in high end A.V recievers.

thefivetheory

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Reply to what? It sounds like your mind's made up until reviews are available.

What do you plan to use the sound card for? Music? Movies? Games? A mix? Ultimately that will help you decide.

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

I meant that do you people agree with what I just said.
If not please give enough applicable explanation and information.