Help me how to overclock



This my overview please help me =)
11 answers Last reply
More about help overclock
  1. Well what do you want to overclock? The CPU? Your graphics card? Your RAM? Your alarm clock? Give some details :D
  2. CPU and ram and the graphic card can u teach me? how? :bounce: im still new :??:
  3. your computer. What is it?
  4. captainblacko said:
    your computer. What is it?
    what u meant my computer spec? :??:
  5. Areel said:
    CPU and ram and the graphic card can u teach me? how? :bounce: im still new :??:


    There are literally hundreds of guides, and all you need to do is match up the guides to your specs. But before you even think about doing anything, make sure you have an aftermarket heatsink on your CPU and an above average cooler on your graphics card.

    If you can let me know the motherboard, cpu, graphics card specs, I can run you through how to do it. I wouldn't suggest RAM cooling until you know what you are doing. And the fact that despite overclocking many systems, I never have overclocked any RAM.
  6. Dupontrocks11 said:
    There are literally hundreds of guides, and all you need to do is match up the guides to your specs. But before you even think about doing anything, make sure you have an aftermarket heatsink on your CPU and an above average cooler on your graphics card.

    If you can let me know the motherboard, cpu, graphics card specs, I can run you through how to do it. I wouldn't suggest RAM cooling until you know what you are doing. And the fact that despite overclocking many systems, I never have overclocked any RAM.
    hurmm Motherboard Gygabyte GA-78-LMT-S2P rev 5.0
    AM3+ Socket:


    Support for AMD AM3+ processor
    Support for AMD AM3 Phenom™ II processor / AMD Athlon™ II processor

    (Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
    Hyper Transport Bus

    4400 MT/s

    Chipset

    North Bridge: AMD 760G
    South Bridge: AMD SB710

    Memory

    2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory (Note 1)
    Dual channel memory architecture
    Support for 1333+ (O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules

    (Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
    Onboard Graphics North Bridge:

    1 x D-Sub port
    1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 (Note 2)

    Audio

    Realtek ALC887 HD codec
    High Definition Audio
    2/4/5.1/7.1-channel (Note 3)

    LAN

    1 x Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

    Expansion Slots

    1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
    1 x PCI Express x1 slot
    (All PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
    1 x PCI slot

    Storage Interface South Bridge:

    6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
    Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, and JBOD

    USB South Bridge:

    Up to 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 on the back panel, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)

    Internal I/O Connectors

    1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
    1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
    6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
    1 x CPU fan header
    1 x system fan header
    1 x front panel header
    1 x front panel audio header
    2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
    1 x serial port header
    1 x clearing CMOS jumper

    Back Panel Connectors

    1 x PS/2 keyboard port
    1 x PS/2 mouse port
    1 x D-Sub port
    1 x DVI-D port
    4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
    1 x RJ-45 port
    3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)

    I/O Controller

    ITE IT8728 chip

    H/W Monitoring

    System voltage detection
    CPU/System temperature detection
    CPU/System fan speed detection
    CPU overheating warning
    CPU/System fan fail warning
    CPU/System fan speed control (Note 4)

    BIOS


    2 x 16 Mbit flash
    Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
    Support for DualBIOS™
    PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b

    Unique Features

    Support for @BIOS
    Support for Q-Flash
    Support for Xpress Install
    Support for EasyTune (Note 5)
    Support for Auto Green
    Support for On/Off Charge
    Support 3TB+ Unlock
    Support for Q-Share

    Graphic Card
    Output 1 x D-Sub(VGA)
    1 x Dual-Link DVI
    1 x HDMI
    GPU 650 MHz Core Clock
    40 nm Chip
    80 x Stream Processors
    Memory 1024 MB Size
    64 -bit DDR3
    1334 MHz Effective
    Dimension 168(W) x 72.87(H) x 25(D) mm Size.
    Software Driver CD
    Accessory Low Profile Bracket (Optional)

    CPU

    Model

    Brand
    AMD

    Series
    Athlon II X2

    Model
    ADX270OCGMBOX

    CPU Socket Type

    CPU Socket Type
    Socket AM3

    Tech Spec

    Core
    Regor

    Multi-Core
    Dual-Core

    Name
    Athlon II X2 270

    Operating Frequency
    3.4GHz

    Hyper Transports
    4000MHz

    L2 Cache
    2 x 1MB

    Manufacturing Tech
    45 nm

    64 bit Support
    Yes

    Hyper-Transport Support
    Yes

    Virtualization Technology Support
    Yes

    Multimedia Instruction
    MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a,3DNOW! Professional

    Thermal Design Power
    65W

    Cooling Device
    Heatsink and Fan included
  7. Ok well from that information, I would advise you not to overclock. It seems to me that you are using the stock cooler, which does no provide adequate cooling for any processor. Also, I think that overclocking the Athlon II would provide very minimal gains, as you would only be able to overclock it a bit.

    I think that before you try to overclock, you should buy a processor that is meant to be overclocked.

    Sorry to not be of help, but I don't want to risk tampering with a system that is already working well, to get speed increases that would mean very little.
  8. Dupontrocks11 said:
    Ok well from that information, I would advise you not to overclock. It seems to me that you are using the stock cooler, which does no provide adequate cooling for any processor. Also, I think that overclocking the Athlon II would provide very minimal gains, as you would only be able to overclock it a bit.

    I think that before you try to overclock, you should buy a processor that is meant to be overclocked.

    Sorry to not be of help, but I don't want to risk tampering with a system that is already working well, to get speed increases that would mean very little.
    oh i see hurmm..Ok thanks for advise but i think i already overclock it now i only up 1 ghz that meant my processor is 3.5 ghz i reach my limit at 3.9ghz my Cpu cooler is Cooler Master =D
  9. Dupontrocks11 said:
    Ok well from that information, I would advise you not to overclock. It seems to me that you are using the stock cooler, which does no provide adequate cooling for any processor. Also, I think that overclocking the Athlon II would provide very minimal gains, as you would only be able to overclock it a bit.

    I think that before you try to overclock, you should buy a processor that is meant to be overclocked.

    Sorry to not be of help, but I don't want to risk tampering with a system that is already working well, to get speed increases that would mean very little.

    1 more i want to know my CPU athlon ii x2 270.. how to know that cpu stable in what condition when i overclocking it? 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 or 3.9?
  10. Well as I said, don't attempt overclocking with the setup you have now, but the athlon II X2's are supposed to be stable between 3.5-3.8 with a good cooling solution.
  11. Dupontrocks11 said:
    Well as I said, don't attempt overclocking with the setup you have now, but the athlon II X2's are supposed to be stable between 3.5-3.8 with a good cooling solution.

    Ok thx so much =)
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Overclocking