Thief 3 ending

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 20, 2004 5:31:44 AM

I was very disappointed in the ending of Thief 3. I expected more.

Anon

More about : thief ending

Anonymous
June 20, 2004 7:27:52 PM

Anon wrote:

> I was very disappointed in the ending of Thief 3. I expected more.
>
> Anon

Sounds like the reactions to the ending of T2. IS after all sticking to
tradition.

--
Democracy has yet to be achieved.
Anonymous

"Barnaby" <behoff@nospamplease.no> kirjoitti viestissä
> Anon wrote:
>
> > I was very disappointed in the ending of Thief 3. I expected more.

> Sounds like the reactions to the ending of T2. IS after all sticking to
> tradition.

* SPOILERS (Well, I don't think I'm really spoiling anything at all -- I'm
not giving away the ending -- but if you don't want to even think about the
ending, then skip now. ) *
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

I thought the ending was perfectly fitting. I loved it. This is what I
always felt would be Garrett's destiny. It felt appropriate.

- Mika L
June 22, 2004 4:06:47 AM

"Anon" <anon4592004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I was very disappointed in the ending of Thief 3. I expected more.
>
> Anon

I thought it was great.

:)

--
Cookie McCrumble

www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk

Today is just a side effect of yesterday.
June 26, 2004 10:43:47 PM

> I thought it was great.
>
> :)

I agree. I thought the story started to lose it's hold on me right after
the cradle, but I'm happy to say it was well worth playing through to the
end and will be well worth playing through again :)

Happy Thieving
Loony
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 3:09:55 AM

"Loony" <loony@nospam.loony.name> wrote in message
news:D tjDc.396426$M3.282382@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > I thought it was great.
> >
> > :)
> >
> I agree. I thought the story started to lose it's hold on me right after
> the cradle, but I'm happy to say it was well worth playing through to the
> end and will be well worth playing through again :)
>
> Happy Thieving
> Loony

I have played through it twice already at NORMAL & EXPERT mode... I loved it
and will probably play it again. I didn't, however, see much difference from
NORMAL to EXPERT except the loot goals.
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 10:04:57 PM

"McF" <mcfeely@bs.not> wrote
> I have played through it twice already at NORMAL & EXPERT mode...
> I loved it and will probably play it again. I didn't, however, see much
> difference from NORMAL to EXPERT except the loot goals.

Did you upgrade it to version 1.1? In case you didn't know,
v1.0 has got that more or less legendary issue with
HARD/EXPERT difficulty levels :-)
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 1:47:46 PM

"Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote in message
> "McF" <mcfeely@bs.not> wrote
> > I have played through it twice already at NORMAL & EXPERT mode...
> > I loved it and will probably play it again. I didn't, however, see much
> > difference from NORMAL to EXPERT except the loot goals.
>
> Did you upgrade it to version 1.1? In case you didn't know,
> v1.0 has got that more or less legendary issue with
> HARD/EXPERT difficulty levels :-)

No... did not have the patch. I didn't hear about it until after finishing
T3. And if it's not on the manuf website, I generally dont trust it. And I
understand EIDOS cant admit a bug or the XBOX, PS2, etc., players would
expect a fix too. I thought patches were available thru X-LIVE for those
players.
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 12:18:14 PM

"McF" <mcfeely@bs.not> wrote in message news:<3mwKc.5798$GT3.1836@bignews6.bellsouth.net>...

> No... did not have the patch. I didn't hear about it until after finishing
> T3. And if it's not on the manuf website, I generally dont trust it. And I
> understand EIDOS cant admit a bug or the XBOX, PS2, etc., players would
> expect a fix too.

Eidos has admitted that there's a bug, and has provided a patch for PC
users only: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid...

>I thought patches were available thru X-LIVE for those
> players.

MS will only allow downloadable patches for Xbox Live games, which
Thief 3 isn't. That's the rub - Eidos has had a Xbox fix in-house for
several weeks now, but has made no announcement of making it available
to anyone. In fact, you can buy a brand new copy of Thief 3 for Xbox
today, and it will have the AI bug.
!