Internet connection

Because of a system failure, I was forced to do a clean install of XP Pro,
losing many of my settings in the process. When I tried to re-create my DSL
connection through the wizard, the option I need -- DSL connection requiring
log-in and password -- was grayed out. The only option that it would allow me
to choose was a direct line.

A friend had the same problem and said he was directed to make changes in
the registry, but doesn't remember what.

jana

"jana" <jana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Because of a system failure, I was forced to do a clean install of XP Pro,
>losing many of my settings in the process. When I tried to re-create my DSL
>connection through the wizard, the option I need -- DSL connection requiring
>log-in and password -- was grayed out. The only option that it would allow me
>to choose was a direct line.

Make sure that all services are running that may be required for
network connections. Also check the error logs for more informations.

--
(tm)

How is your DSL modem connected to your computer? is it connected via
ethernet or USB? Directly or through a router or Hub? Are you using SP1 or
SP2? What type of internet connection do you use (PPOE, Static IP or Dynamic
IP)?

These things we need to know in order to help you....

Robert...

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "jana" <jana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Because of a system failure, I was forced to do a clean install of XP Pro,
>>losing many of my settings in the process. When I tried to re-create my
>>DSL
>>connection through the wizard, the option I need -- DSL connection
>>requiring
>>log-in and password -- was grayed out. The only option that it would allow
>>me
>>to choose was a direct line.
>
> Make sure that all services are running that may be required for
> network connections. Also check the error logs for more informations.
>
> --
> (tm)

TRENDING THREADS