Sign in with
Your question

O/C Guide

Last response: in Overclocking
December 20, 2012 7:22:52 AM

Is there a step by step O/C guide somewhere? I just built a pc with a fx 6300 and a asrock 970 extreme 3 mobo w/ aftermarket cooling. I would like to O/C my cpu but every place I look the guide moves to fast or is too advanced. I want a very detailed guide. Any help is appreciated.

More about : guide

a c 117 à CPUs
a c 88 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 7:45:01 AM

Although this isn't written as a guide, I found this to be a rather informative and (I think) humorous overclocking thread with your motherboard/cpu combo. It explains some steps and voltage settings along with responses to overclocking errors http://www.overclock.net/t/1322371/need-help-overclocki... read through it... or until you get bored, then reread it...lol
Hope you find it helpful
m
l
a c 95 à CPUs
a c 224 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 9:40:33 AM

The AMD Black Edition Overclock Guide may help you as the overclocking principles regarding an AMD unlocked multiplier CPU as the FX series is, are the same.

Granted the guide was not directly written for the FX AMD line, but may still help you reach your overclocking goals.

It would also be interesting to discover if anyone has used the guide themselves to overclock their FX AMD, and did the guide help?

I do not have an AMD FX CPU, or I would have already experimented to see if the guide could be cross used, but at this point I am not familiar with the BIOS differences regarding the BE vs the FX line, and what may have been added to the soup.

Ryan
m
l
!