What Harddrives Will My Motherboard Support???

Hey,

I'm new to custom building so i would like to know, that if i get the RAMPAGE III Extreme what sort of Hard drives should i get, and what will it support???

Many thanks,

xXCozterXx
7 answers Last reply
More about what harddrives motherboard support
  1. Harddrives? Anything 3.5" harddisk will do. And I mean it; ANY harddrive. Also ANY SSDs.

Notes: nvm, but.. Can you change your avatar pls?
  2. I mean..... SATA drives or what??? i new to building as i said b4....

thnx
  3. It will support 7 SATA 2.0 devices, and 2 SATA 3.0 devices. Optical disks, 2.5' HDs, 3.5" HDs.

ATM you will want 3.5" Sata 2.0 hard drives.
  4. Agree. SATA 2.0 drives. Sometimes called SATAII.
  5. Thank you guys heaps, I guess i just wasnt explaining it well enough at first.....

Anyway thnx......

BTW, don't you like my avatar andrern2000? ....... i changed it anyway.... it just needs approving...
  6. Since you got a Rampage III I am guessing you want fast hard drives? Get an SSD as primary boot drive if you can afford it. Something like the OCZ Vertex 2 or the GSkill Phoenix.Then get a mechanical backup drive like the Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB. It has been on sale for $54 and is a great drive that is fast and reliable.
  7. Ah thanks :D
    anort3 said:
    Since you got a Rampage III I am guessing you want fast hard drives? Get an SSD as primary boot drive if you can afford it. Something like the OCZ Vertex 2 or the GSkill Phoenix.Then get a mechanical backup drive like the Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB. It has been on sale for $54 and is a great drive that is fast and reliable.

From anort3; SSD is more expensive, has much less space but is far more quickly than SATAII harddisk. So it's our choice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Support Hard Drives