Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Worth Getting A GPU Waterblock?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 10:07:11 AM

I have a Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X, is it worth it to get it watercooled?

More about : worth gpu waterblock

a c 330 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 2:45:55 PM

What temps are you seeing at load?

GPUs benefit from watercooling...40C load temps is pretty common.
Score
0
a c 78 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 9:09:48 PM

well, rubix has a point, but I'd like to clarify that the AMD pcb's are going through a revision and are different from those sold a few months ago. In fact I think Sapphire have their own reverse engineered PCB for their Vapor-X's.

So I see you using a universal block to cool the GPU alone and have the rest cooled via heatsinks.
Score
0
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 10:59:07 PM

rubix_1011 said:
What temps are you seeing at load?

GPUs benefit from watercooling...40C load temps is pretty common.

About 55C.
Score
0

Best solution

a c 190 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 11:26:41 PM

You will see the drop Rubix mentioned, if your loop has the power then theres no reason your Gpu's won't be at the same temps as your cpu as well
What raddage were you planning on for the Cpu/gpu? Overclocked or stock?
Things like this are covered in the , yep you guessed it, sticky :-)
Work out your TDP, calculate the necessary rad for that, then add another 360 to get some good clearance
Moto
Share
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 11:40:23 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
You will see the drop Rubix mentioned, if your loop has the power then theres no reason your Gpu's won't be at the same temps as your cpu as well
What raddage were you planning on for the Cpu/gpu? Overclocked or stock?
Things like this are covered in the , yep you guessed it, sticky :-)
Work out your TDP, calculate the necessary rad for that, then add another 360 to get some good clearance
Moto

Well, one of my CPU's cores were maxed out during the test.
Score
0
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 21, 2012 1:13:36 AM

Only one? Thats not the max then, you need all your cores at 100% usage to accurately define 'load' temps, anything else and you are lying to yourself
Moto
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
December 21, 2012 1:46:15 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Only one? Thats not the max then, you need all your cores at 100% usage to accurately define 'load' temps, anything else and you are lying to yourself
Moto

Should have gotten the 2500k, ohh well.
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
December 28, 2012 4:10:38 AM

Best answer selected by melikepie.
Score
0
!