Closed Solved

Worth Getting A GPU Waterblock?

I have a Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X, is it worth it to get it watercooled?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about worth waterblock
  1. What temps are you seeing at load?

GPUs benefit from watercooling...40C load temps is pretty common.
  2. well, rubix has a point, but I'd like to clarify that the AMD pcb's are going through a revision and are different from those sold a few months ago. In fact I think Sapphire have their own reverse engineered PCB for their Vapor-X's.

So I see you using a universal block to cool the GPU alone and have the rest cooled via heatsinks.
  3. rubix_1011 said:
    What temps are you seeing at load?

GPUs benefit from watercooling...40C load temps is pretty common.

About 55C.
  4. Best answer
    You will see the drop Rubix mentioned, if your loop has the power then theres no reason your Gpu's won't be at the same temps as your cpu as well
    What raddage were you planning on for the Cpu/gpu? Overclocked or stock?
    Things like this are covered in the , yep you guessed it, sticky :-)
    Work out your TDP, calculate the necessary rad for that, then add another 360 to get some good clearance
    Moto
  5. Motopsychojdn said:
    You will see the drop Rubix mentioned, if your loop has the power then theres no reason your Gpu's won't be at the same temps as your cpu as well
    What raddage were you planning on for the Cpu/gpu? Overclocked or stock?
    Things like this are covered in the , yep you guessed it, sticky :-)
    Work out your TDP, calculate the necessary rad for that, then add another 360 to get some good clearance
    Moto

Well, one of my CPU's cores were maxed out during the test.
  6. Only one? Thats not the max then, you need all your cores at 100% usage to accurately define 'load' temps, anything else and you are lying to yourself
    Moto
  7. Motopsychojdn said:
    Only one? Thats not the max then, you need all your cores at 100% usage to accurately define 'load' temps, anything else and you are lying to yourself
    Moto

Should have gotten the 2500k, ohh well.
  8. Best answer selected by melikepie.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling GPUs Sapphire Overclocking