Sign in with
Your question

Best motherboard for home theater?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 18, 2010 12:01:59 PM

I want to build a decent home theater PC - doesn't need to be top of the range, but must be capable of playing Blu-ray discs (with the appropriate software - I have AnyDVD HD and also have a Blu-ray drive (I'm so broke I need to buy a component at a time ...... )).

Which ASUS motherboards are likely to be prime contenders to do this? Doesn't need to be 'the best of the best', but anything suitable for perfect Blu-ray playback is fine by me.

Perhaps, in order to keep costs down (I ain't rich!) one of the 'older' motherboards like the P5Q-EM ?

The PC will be plugged into my Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW monitor, rarely used for games, but will be used a lot for web browsing and the like, as well as playing DVDs and Blu-rays during the long, dark evenings.

Thanks
October 18, 2010 1:39:40 PM

Not worries if it's Intel or AMD (the cheaper the better, as long as it's good enough).

ATX preferable as I may use my existing PC case, but might change that so, if M-ATX, would buy a suitable case (assuming that M-ATX wouldn't fit in my ATX case - I'm not sure if it will or not).

P5Q-EM is an Intel board (I think!).
October 18, 2010 5:53:21 PM

Thanks for that, most helpful. :) 

More suggestions are of course welcome, just to give me even more choice. :) 
October 18, 2010 6:38:28 PM

I'm in the UK.

Thanks.
!