HP Pavilion Elite Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz
GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT220
Super Multi LightScribe DVD Burner
1 TB Sata
Win 7
1 gb Vid mem
Priced at 999$

Just to give me an idea, how much better would one of the gamer builds be in the stickied recommended builds? Maybe in terms of percentage? And how do the bargain builds compare? Really appreciate giving me some perspective. Thanks.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 28, 2010 8:12:25 PM

For gaming then GT220 wont do good at all, its below a 4670 which is the bare minimum card for gaming. Either of tecmo's budget builds would give you better gaming performance than that one would, but the gamer builds will perform a lot better.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b B Homebuilt system
February 28, 2010 8:19:28 PM

I agree with Hunter315... :D 
a b B Homebuilt system
February 28, 2010 10:08:15 PM

For that price, it may be a good office PC, but it's not going to cut it for gaming. Heck the $700 gaming DIY build would absolutely crush that HP when it comes to gaming.
February 28, 2010 10:15:12 PM

Alright, thanks a lot. Just trying to put things in perspective. Let me know if there's any other thoughts
February 28, 2010 10:18:10 PM

For the record, I have no intention of building. I was going to go into a computer shop and have them put one together based on suggestions here. But do you think that newegg one is a good deal if I'm looking for a computer for 1k given what I've listed? Sounds like it blows that HP away for the same price...
!