Video Card Hookup

Hi the back of my computer has a 15 pin VGA adapter which I have been using but now I bought a new video card and the hookup on that is a 24+5 pin DVI hookup do I have to hookup to that if I want to use my new video card?
6 answers Last reply
More about video card hookup
  1. yes, you can't run the new gfx card without hooking up a monitor to that gfx card
  2. Upendra09 said:
    yes, you can't run the new gfx card without hooking up a monitor to that gfx card

Thanks. :)
  3. The card should have come with a DVI->VGA/D-Sub adapter if you're still using a CRT monitor.
  4. randomizer said:
    The card should have come with a DVI->VGA/D-Sub adapter if you're still using a CRT monitor.

My Desktop is a slimmer model the video card I bought had to be slimmer as well so it only came with a 24+5 pin DVI hookup and a round 9 pin one that says video which I do not know what that is. I have the 15 pin VGA cable hooked up to my flat screen TV and that does not have a 24+5 pin DVI hookup.

1} When should I switch my connection to the DVI hookup?

2} I bought a 9+5 pin DVI male to a 15 pin VGA female adapter at the time I did not realize there was a differance would that work or would I have to get a 24+5 pin one?

3} Do I have to use the 9 pin video adapter as well or can I just use DVI?
  5. My Desktop is a slimmer model the video card I bought had to be slimmer as well so it only came with a 24+5 pin DVI hookup and a round 9 pin one that says video which I do not know what that is. I have the 15 pin VGA cable hooked up to my flat screen TV and that does not have a 24+5 pin DVI hookup.

1} When should I switch my connection to the DVI hookup?

2} I bought a 9+5 pin DVI male to a 15 pin VGA female adapter at the time I did not realize there was a differance would that work or would I have to get a 24+5 pin one?

3} Do I have to use the 9 pin video adapter as well or can I just use DVI?
  6. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Video Card Hookup
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Graphics Cards VGA Computer Graphics