Sign in with
Your question

Video Card Hookup

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2010 2:29:49 AM

Hi the back of my computer has a 15 pin VGA adapter which I have been using but now I bought a new video card and the hookup on that is a 24+5 pin DVI hookup do I have to hookup to that if I want to use my new video card?

More about : video card hookup

a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2010 2:33:08 AM

yes, you can't run the new gfx card without hooking up a monitor to that gfx card
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2010 2:38:28 AM

Upendra09 said:
yes, you can't run the new gfx card without hooking up a monitor to that gfx card

Thanks. :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2010 4:48:48 AM

The card should have come with a DVI->VGA/D-Sub adapter if you're still using a CRT monitor.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2010 4:41:53 PM

randomizer said:
The card should have come with a DVI->VGA/D-Sub adapter if you're still using a CRT monitor.

My Desktop is a slimmer model the video card I bought had to be slimmer as well so it only came with a 24+5 pin DVI hookup and a round 9 pin one that says video which I do not know what that is. I have the 15 pin VGA cable hooked up to my flat screen TV and that does not have a 24+5 pin DVI hookup.

1} When should I switch my connection to the DVI hookup?

2} I bought a 9+5 pin DVI male to a 15 pin VGA female adapter at the time I did not realize there was a differance would that work or would I have to get a 24+5 pin one?

3} Do I have to use the 9 pin video adapter as well or can I just use DVI?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2010 5:48:31 PM

My Desktop is a slimmer model the video card I bought had to be slimmer as well so it only came with a 24+5 pin DVI hookup and a round 9 pin one that says video which I do not know what that is. I have the 15 pin VGA cable hooked up to my flat screen TV and that does not have a 24+5 pin DVI hookup.

1} When should I switch my connection to the DVI hookup?

2} I bought a 9+5 pin DVI male to a 15 pin VGA female adapter at the time I did not realize there was a differance would that work or would I have to get a 24+5 pin one?

3} Do I have to use the 9 pin video adapter as well or can I just use DVI?
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 21, 2010 8:58:11 AM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Video Card Hookup
    m
    l
    !