Stock for amd fx 8350 and Overclocking

Aaz09

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Hello,
I live in Canada but I ordered an AMD Fx-8350 Black Edition on Amazon US for my new computer build. This is my first time building a computer. Thinking back, I believe I already broke my motherboard (I think i was supposed to be wearing rubber gloves when I was installing it)

My question is: If I overclock, will the stock cooler for the Fx-8350 be good enough? What CPU Cooler do you suggest? How do I overclock? If I broke my motherboard, can you suggest a good motherboard that is less than $150? I payed $110 for mine.

I looked up a Cooler on Amazon. Wondering if you guys know if its good or will fit. Its the: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Cpu Cooler with 120mm Pwm Fan.

Here is the list of parts I have. All are installed Except for the processor, have to pick that up sometime this week. When I feel like crossing the border :p
All are ordered on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com
Case: Antec 1100
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
Video Card: EVGA2 GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 2048MB GDDR5 DVI Mini-HDMI DP Graphics Card
Processer: Amd Fx-8350 Black Edition
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64/32 Bit (Ordered from DiscountMountainSoftware.com)
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1 TB 3.5-Inch 7200 RPM SATA III 64 MB Cache
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B DRW-24B1ST Black SATA 24X DVDRW
Power Supply: Kentek 1000w
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600MHz (1x8gb) I dont know if my motherboard supports 1x8gb ram cards.
Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M60
Keyboard: Thermaltake Esports Challenger USB Keyboard
I am on a budget for the Cooler or what other materials you think I'll need. Please do not hesitate to give me advice or suggest any other parts.

In the future, maybe next year, I plan on having 2 Gtx 660's or one gtx 680 (Depending on how much money i save up)
I wanted to add that in case you were planning on asking me why i'd have a 1000w power supply.

Solution
You are good to about 4.5Ghz with Turbo Core Off, if the rest of your setup is good and the room them is 21C or less.

Edit:
Overclocking this CPU for current games not really needed. A lot of modern games do a way better job of moving the work to the GPU. The main benifit I got out of the 8350 (upgraded from Phm II X4) was being able to seamlessly tab back and forth with most games and the desktop.

Aaz09

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Also this computer is for gaming. Planning on getting a corsair vengeance 8gb kit, but Im unsure if i'll need 16gb of ram.

As for games I want to play...Looking at DayZ Standalone, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 3 and 4.

Currently playing planetside 2 on my dads laptop, Love it so far and would liek to play it on max graphics (If possible with what I have)

detersd

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
You are good to about 4.5Ghz with Turbo Core Off, if the rest of your setup is good and the room them is 21C or less.

Edit:
Overclocking this CPU for current games not really needed. A lot of modern games do a way better job of moving the work to the GPU. The main benifit I got out of the 8350 (upgraded from Phm II X4) was being able to seamlessly tab back and forth with most games and the desktop.

Solution