Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair H80i worth it?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 20, 2012 5:45:58 PM

Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Corsair H80i Hydro Cooling. What can you guys tell me about it? Is it any good especially for it's high price?
I live in a relatively warm place and it really do get hot so I'm thinking that of buying a good CPU Cooler to keep the temperature down.
Here are the other CPU Coolers which are available for me to buy (Prices are in Singapore Dollars btw but I don't live there):-

Out of the list above, do you think there's a better CPU Cooler both in terms of price and performance?

More about : corsair h80i worth

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 7:54:05 PM

Are you overclocking? If at stock clocks and wanting to keep the temperatures down it would be wasteful for the H80i. Closed loop water coolers are not really worth the price since air coolers can match their performance. Now get the Hyper 212...
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 8:38:08 PM

+1 on the 212. Super cheap and more than effective and upgradable with better fans for excellent performance. You can get one on Newegg for $19.99 after mail in rebate that comes with everything you need to get started and will totally own a stock heatsink.
m
l
Related resources
a c 202 à CPUs
a c 129 K Overclocking
December 21, 2012 2:29:22 AM

No. If you OC and don't have to high profile RAM, get the Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E extreme at the same price and get BETTER performance.
m
l
December 28, 2012 4:32:16 PM

my temps reduced a lot after installing h80i with slight modding, and i think it worth the money, if u are planning to overclock!
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2012 6:08:08 PM

I agree Hyper 212 evo i went from 44c @ idle to 29C idle - 60+c load to 50c load with the change, I was using the Zalman 9700 (which is a good cooler but real bulky) the EVO has direct contact heat pipes and is machined really smooth the CM thermal compund works good too just for sh*ts and giggles I tried 3 different compounds, Artic silver 4c higher @idle 9 Higher@ load, some 3 for $3 gold compound from ebay 2degrees higher @idle - 4 @ load and the CM paste that came with the heatsink which i used. Also there are extra brackets so you can set up the push pull method which should do you just fine and leave a few of the almighty dollars in your pocket,
m
l
January 3, 2013 10:39:28 PM

The H80i is *** i bought one last week and lets just say that with the same clocks my previous H40 does the same job i have no difference in temps and yes i has seated and re seated to make sure it's there properly but still no difference the thermal paste that is pre applied is *** so i used arctic silver 5 and its still crap so DO NOT BUY THE H80i IT IS NOT WORTH IT ! :fou: 
m
l
July 24, 2013 4:48:08 AM

WarrenCKC said:
Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Corsair H80i Hydro Cooling. What can you guys tell me about it? Is it any good especially for it's high price?
I live in a relatively warm place and it really do get hot so I'm thinking that of buying a good CPU Cooler to keep the temperature down.
Here are the other CPU Coolers which are available for me to buy (Prices are in Singapore Dollars btw but I don't live there):-

hey dude that fuwell?
Out of the list above, do you think there's a better CPU Cooler both in terms of price and performance?

m
l
a c 745 à CPUs
a c 294 K Overclocking
July 24, 2013 8:31:35 AM

h100i
m
l
October 1, 2013 2:07:11 PM

WarrenCKC said:

m
l
a c 745 à CPUs
a c 294 K Overclocking
October 1, 2013 2:13:57 PM

Best price \ per performance is usually the 212 EVO

The Gaia also performs on par with the 212 EVO.
m
l
October 1, 2013 2:25:15 PM

I bought the H80, not the H80i, so I can't speak for any differences. But... I bought this for OC cooling. I'm running an FX-8150 at 4.4Ghz. Stable as a rock. Ambient temp 111.2 F. at medium fan setting. I buy upgrades to address a needed function. Unless it's obscene, price doesn't enter the picture. This product is reliable and does just what it is designed to do; keep things from getting too hot.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 2, 2013 5:48:14 AM

Hyper 212+/Evo is what I use for all my builds for other people...cheap ($20-$30, usually with a rebate of some sort). It's lightweight for it's size, cools well, is very quiet and can be run in push/pull for added cooling power.
m
l

Best solution

a c 76 à CPUs
a c 135 K Overclocking
October 2, 2013 9:30:02 AM

WarrenCKC said:

The "best performance" from the list that you posted is the Noctura NH D14 SE 2011. This is a really great cooler and very quiet too! In a recent review, its sibling, the NH D14, beat 4 water coolers including the Corsair H100i which is better and more expensive than the H80i: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/h100i-elc240-seidon...

The only difference in the NH D14 and the SE 2011 is that the SE 2011 has PWM fans for better speed control. SE 2011 is also made for LGA 2011 sockets so if you have a different socket CPU you'll need a $10 adapter kit.

Good luck!

Yogi

June 2, 2014 10:05:09 AM

If you don't use washers between the back plate of the H80i and the motherboard you won't get it working right. It needs to be on tight it can't have wiggle room, which it does without the washers.

If you just follow the included instruction you could install it and not have the right contact.

I used 3 small washers behind each of the screws between the back plate and motherboard. After doing this the temps were much lower! Corsair really should update their quick guide. I think this and their software has let their product down. My 4770k doesn't go over 65 running Prime 95 at 4.4Gz at 1.275v. At 4.2 it won't go over 55. Both 4.2 and 4.4 both idle between 27-30 at running high performance mode. This was after deliding my CPU with GC-extreme and using the pre applied paste on the H80i.
m
l
!