Solved

ASUS M4A77TD vs ASRock 770 EXTREME3

ASUS M4A77TD ($65) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131603
ASRock 770 EXTREME3 ($78) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157195

I'm picking out the last two parts of my first build, a motherboard and a graphics card. So far I have purchased:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Lian Li PC-7FN
Corsair CMPSU-450VX
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB 1333 CAS 9
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB

And I'm looking at an underclocked Palit GeForce GTS 250 ($70) but I haven't fully decided yet. The build is for work and fun, but relatively little gaming.

The ASRock 770 EXTREME3 has USB3.0, SATA 6.0Gbps, and some other nice features that I won't be using right now. Should I go with that board for $13 more or stick to the ASUS board that has a lot more reviews because it has been around longer? Thanks!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus m4a77td asrock extreme3
  1. Asrock is Asus's budget brand and test platform. Between the two I would select the Asus because it is cheaper since you are not using the extra features on the Asrock.
  2. ASUS for quality, price and performance.
  3. Best answer
    I have the M4A77TD, BUT the mem standard on the ASrock is DDR3 1600/1333/1066/800. On the M4A77TD 1600 is only achieved by oc'n the ram. I would go with the ASrock if your wanting 1600 stock. But like I said, I have the M4A77TD and I love it, but am going to upgrade an 870 board or 890fx soon. ASrock has really jumped in quality and is making a better name within the last year. I guess you can't go wrong either way seeing as how Asus owns ASrock :)
  4. rolli59 said:
    Asrock is Asus's budget brand and test platform. Between the two I would select the Asus because it is cheaper since you are not using the extra features on the Asrock.

Was your saying not reversed? Maybe this is what you mean:
    Asrock is Asus's budget brand and test platform. Between the two I would select the AsRock because it is cheaper since you are not using the extra features on the Asus.
  5. Not on new egg right now with the mail-in rebate. ;)
  6. andrern2000 said:
    Was your saying not reversed? Maybe this is what you mean:
    Asrock is Asus's budget brand and test platform. Between the two I would select the AsRock because it is cheaper since you are not using the extra features on the Asus.

The Asus is $65 after MIR the Asrock is $78 with shipping and the ASrock is the one with USB3 and SATA 6GB.
  7. I see. I was referring to ASUS' unique features. ASUS has more unique features than AsRock.
    It's rare to see AsRock price > than ASUS. Asrock is directed toward budgetive consumers. In most cases I saw AsRock is far cheaper than ASUS. Well, if that is the option and Asus is cheaper than I vote for Asus.
  8. ASUS! For the love of gawd ASUS! :lol:

It's just better =P
  9. I don't know who to choose as the best answer. I picked up the M4A77TD and I just finished booting up my first build :)

I will definitely be a tiny bit sad that I didn't get USB3.0 and the newer SATA, but this was a CHEAP board and I found it extremely easy to set up as a beginner. There is huge labeling on all the parts and the instruction manual was superb. I had to refer to this manual instead of the manual that came with the processor when trying to seat the heatsink and fan. $65 is a great deal until my AM4 board comes out!
  10. Yeah, I have the same board. I love it but, I will be getting a new board soon. Kinda makes me sad, but it will going to my dads birthday build in November. I don't think you would have gone wrong between the 2 boards. Good Luck
  11. Best answer selected by scienceminded.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus ASrock Product