Asus 5850 vs other brand

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Asus
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2010 7:04:25 AM

Whats the difference? When it said that asus had EXCLUSIVE voltage control i was excited, until i found out that you could do it with any 5850. So what makes the asus one so special?

More about : asus 5850 brand

a c 376 U Graphics card
February 18, 2010 9:09:33 AM

Nothing. Most of the time the main difference between the various brands of any card is the price and also sometimes the fan/heatsink and/or warranty.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 18, 2010 9:40:50 AM

The BIOS in the ASUS card allows you to jack the core voltage above other cards (up to 1.4v) but ONLY when overclocking through ASUS' Smart Doctor software.
I believe MSI's Afterburner software (which works with all cards) is limited to 1.25v or 1.3v...

Everything, other than the BIOS, is 100% identical to any other reference card.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2010 11:59:11 AM

outlw6669 said:
The BIOS in the ASUS card allows you to jack the core voltage above other cards (up to 1.4v) but ONLY when overclocking through ASUS' Smart Doctor software.
I believe MSI's Afterburner software (which works with all cards) is limited to 1.25v or 1.3v...

Everything, other than the BIOS, is 100% identical to any other reference card.

Also, it is covered under the ASUS warranty to overclock using their ASUS Smart Doctor. If you fry the card using the software, they will replace it... 3 year warranty...
m
l
February 18, 2010 5:03:32 PM

Best answer selected by Xeonyxorich.
m
l
!