Dell dimension 5100 processr with aftermarket motherboard

I have Dell Dimension 5100 desktop and I want to use the processor in a after market MB, what board will work , (Asus,Gigabit)
4 answers Last reply
More about dell dimension 5100 processr aftermarket motherboard
  1. Well, according to Dell's site, it's a P4, possibly with HT. What do you plan on doing with it?

EDIT: It is 775 because of the 945G. But the question remains, what do you plan on doing with it? I wouldn't spend a whole lot on a LGA775 board, it's a dead end socket. Do you need PCIe? Do you need onboard video? All things we need to know :)
  2. Esp since a P4 is about as crappy as 775 socket CPU's can get. This does indeed seem odd.
  3. jack_attack said:
    Well, according to Dell's site, it's a P4, possibly with HT. What do you plan on doing with it?

EDIT: It is 775 because of the 945G. But the question remains, what do you plan on doing with it? I wouldn't spend a whole lot on a LGA775 board, it's a dead end socket. Do you need PCIe? Do you need onboard video? All things we need to know :)

Hello All,

i do need PCIe and I have a Video Card for PCIe x2 ( No onboard video needed)
  4. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128388

There ya go.

You'd probably do better on ebay though. FDII is right though, that P4 has been superceded 5 fold in the past 5 years.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Dimension Motherboards Dell Systems Product