Sign in with
Your question

EVGA Phenom II Support

Last response: in Motherboards

would you dust off your old board and try this??

Total: 4 votes

• Yes
  • 50 %
  • No
  • 50 %
  • Not Sure
  • 0 %
October 19, 2010 3:59:51 AM

What do you think> Everyone with old EVGA 590 SLI'S, break em' back out because here's a Bios patch that will get you support: New link: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Phenom-II-support...

More about : evga phenom support

a b V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 2:04:13 PM

I think that's nifty, but the board's still kinda ehh. I mean yeah you'll get a support for the phenom II (that's if it works with no errors) but everything else is still the same.

If you have one and want a quick way to upgrade your cpu, then i suppose. But i wouldn't do it. lol x)
a c 296 V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 3:00:21 PM

Hi.

Please don't forget in ur next poll set the time limit for the poll or this will be closed from the beginning.

Regarding the poll I don't see any AM3 CPU in the thread so u can't confirm that works this is something like the hack mobo for SLI support.
Related resources
a c 716 V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 3:26:43 PM

^ the poll code doesn't always seem to work correctly.

EVGA use to support AMD, but has decided to only produce Intel MOBOs.

I would assume the clear decision was because of their niche market, and it's always about $. I would like to hope that EVGA will produce next gen Bulldozer, but I cannot find any hint of it.
a c 296 V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 3:28:51 PM

Bulldozer isn't near yet so many things can change in the way.
October 19, 2010 3:34:12 PM

Saint, here's a post from that link :
jasoninaz
RE: Phenom II support on EVGA 590 SLI
Its been running 24 hours with no issues. I have to pony up the money for a new cpu and I guess it would be.
Also I set the limit to 10 posts and the date, i'm not sure why there closed all the time right from the start?
a c 716 V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 3:42:15 PM

I said "like to hope" - and I am "reasonably certain" {99.99%} that EVGA will not support ANY current AMD CPUs nor go out of their way to optimize new AMD CPUs.

The link "to me" screams dummied-down pseudo recognized AMD CPU {Phenom II} - incorrect CPU ID.
October 19, 2010 3:46:55 PM

Can only hope. heh.
a c 296 V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 3:58:27 PM

Yeah but that Phenom II is the 940 that is AM2+ socket not AM3.
a b V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 4:07:38 PM

jaquith said:
I said "like to hope" - and I am "reasonably certain" {99.99%} that EVGA will not support ANY current AMD CPUs nor go out of their way to optimize new AMD CPUs.

The link "to me" screams dummied-down pseudo recognized AMD CPU {Phenom II} - incorrect CPU ID.

lol - i've had that happen before. No thanks xD.
!