Blade/Turbine Master, Silent Eagle, Gentle Typhoon... Which?

kriswoj

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Just got a new case with 7 120mm fan slots (2 front, 2 top, 2 side, 1 rear)

I'm wanting to keep the air flowing through the case as quietly as possible.

I've read reviews on all the following that said they are good fans and quiet, but then I've also read comments on them all from other sites that say they are too loud... So I'm not sure what to believe.

The fans I'm considering are:
Cooler Master Blade Master 120mm
Cooler Master Turbine Master Mach 0.8 120mm
Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 or 2000 120mm
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 800rpm 120mm (although this one is getting a bit more expensive for my budget)
Scythe Slip Stream 500rpm 120mm
Coolink Swif2 120mm

I think they were all the ones I'd looked at.

Basically, I have read reviews, read other comments etc, but there have been both good and bad comments about all. So what are people's experiences on here?

I'm in the UK, and each fan will cost me £10 +/- £2

My case comes with 2 fans, and if they are quiet enough, I'll only be buying 5 more. If they are not, it will be 7. So obviously cost is going to be a factor.

If anyone knows of any with LEDs for that added bling, that are just as silent, I'll definitely look into them as well.

As for other comp. specs, I'll have a HD 7950, athlon II x4 640 for now, upgrading to a i5 3570(k) next year, and up to 3 hdds.

Thanks.

kriswoj

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Cheers, have looked into them and they do look good and quiet too.

So can add them to the possible list!

Is there any reason to get the AF ones over the SP ones?

SP ones are for static pressure. Even though they have lower CFM, they are able to push air through heatsink fins and radiator fins much better than the AF ones. Same thing with the Gentle Typhoons, they would be horrible as case fans, but great as radiator/heatsink fans. Then again, this depends on your heatsink/radiator!