WARNING

Loony lurks here.

Feel free to discuss any of the Thief games or fan missions here.
Feel free to offer up opinions both good and bad about anything in the Thief
universe or even other similar games.
Feel free to talk about things you wish had made it into Thief 3 or things
you'd love to see in future Thief games.
Feel free to discuss anything even remotely related to Thief and I and many
others will gladly have nice, calm civilized discussions with you.

However, if you've come to bitch and moan about how you'll never buy any of
the Thief games or try to persuade people into believing your OPINIONS are
FACTS I will personally reply to you in a harsh manner and will offer little
to no apologies for my behavior.

If you've come to flame this game series or just want to throw your
slanderous opinions on the heaping pile of BS that all the other whining
brats have already made here, post somewhere else, we've all heard it and I
for one am sick of it.

If you've come specifically to flame me or want to disagree with my stance
on this, email me at loony at loony.name and keep it out of this group.

No, I'm not the Usenet czar, these are not real rules, this is my promise to
the Thief fans here that are just as sick and tired as I am of hearing
repetitive, negative, worthless BS.

Happy Thieving to all the true Taffers out there.
Loony
42 answers Last reply
More about warning
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> wrote in message
    > Loony lurks here.
    >
    > Feel free to discuss any of the Thief games or fan missions here.
    > Feel free to offer up opinions both good and bad about anything in the
    Thief
    > universe or even other similar games.
    > Feel free to talk about things you wish had made it into Thief 3 or things
    > you'd love to see in future Thief games.
    > Feel free to discuss anything even remotely related to Thief and I and
    many
    > others will gladly have nice, calm civilized discussions with you.
    >
    > However, if you've come to bitch and moan about how you'll never buy any
    of
    > the Thief games or try to persuade people into believing your OPINIONS are
    > FACTS I will personally reply to you in a harsh manner and will offer
    little
    > to no apologies for my behavior.
    >
    > If you've come to flame this game series or just want to throw your
    > slanderous opinions on the heaping pile of BS that all the other whining
    > brats have already made here, post somewhere else, we've all heard it and
    > for one am sick of it.
    >
    > If you've come specifically to flame me or want to disagree with my stance
    > on this, email me at loony at loony.name and keep it out of this group.
    >
    > No, I'm not the Usenet czar, these are not real rules, this is my promise
    > the Thief fans here that are just as sick and tired as I am of hearing
    > repetitive, negative, worthless BS.
    >
    > Happy Thieving to all the true Taffers out there.
    > Loony

    Nutter :o)

    --
    Cookie McCrumble

    www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk

    Today is just a side effect of yesterday.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Loony wrote:

    > Loony lurks here.

    If only that was all ... *plonk*

    --
    Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > > Loony lurks here.
    >
    > If only that was all ... *plonk*

    ditto :)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Maybe I don't "surf the net" enuff...what is *plonk*???

    "Anders Thulin" <ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote in message
    > Loony wrote:
    >
    > > Loony lurks here.
    >
    > If only that was all ... *plonk*
    >
    > --
    > Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Loony wrote:
    > Loony lurks here.

    A little opinionated from someone who has bee known to top-post. ;-)

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Sometimes I like the top, sometimes I let her be on top... what can I say...
    I'm flexible ;)

    "Morgan Sales" <morgan.salesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Loony wrote:
    > > Loony lurks here.
    >
    > A little opinionated from someone who has bee known to top-post. ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Morgan.
    > ----
    > * We have been the dreamers, we have been the sufferers, now we are the
    > builders. We enter this campaign at this general election, not merely to
    get
    > rid of the Tory majority. We want the complete political extinction of the
    > Tory Party. :- Aneurin Bevan
    >
    > Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    > Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Again... top-post???

    color me ignorant...

    "Morgan Sales" <morgan.salesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Loony wrote:
    > > Loony lurks here.
    >
    > A little opinionated from someone who has bee known to top-post. ;-)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    This is a top post.

    > Again... top-post???
    >
    > color me ignorant...

    This is a non-top post (often preferred as it directly follows whatever it
    is you're replying to)

    color you ignorant no longer

    Loony
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Terry Olsen wrote:
    > Maybe I don't "surf the net" enuff...what is *plonk*???

    It means you kill-file someone. (i.e. set your news client to automatically
    filter out any message from them.)

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > > Maybe I don't "surf the net" enuff...what is *plonk*???
    >
    > It means you kill-file someone. (i.e. set your news client to
    automatically
    > filter out any message from them.)

    Ahh, it's an acronym. I just looked it up. Aside from forcing Eep to
    killfile me I've never been killfiled before :)

    I'm relieved, as I didn't much care for Anders opinions.

    Thanks for the heads up :)
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:58:25 -0400, "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> wrote:

    >I just looked it up.

    You just now looked up a term from the late 80s? How could you not know
    the basic terminology of the USENET?

    You use OE, don't you?

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Wow...a computer programmer who doesn't know Usenet jargon. The terms "plonk"
    and "top-post" are not difficult words to locate..he truly, simply MUST be
    from India. Not that that would be a first..

    "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> wrote:
    >This is a top post.
    >
    >> Again... top-post???
    >>
    >> color me ignorant...
    >>
    >This is a non-top post (often preferred as it directly follows whatever it
    >is you're replying to)
    >
    >color you ignorant no longer
    >
    >Loony
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Wow...a computer programmer who doesn't know Usenet jargon. The terms
    "plonk"
    > and "top-post" are not difficult words to locate..he truly, simply MUST be
    > from India. Not that that would be a first..

    Actually, I was a programmer on the Apple IIgs back in the late 80's & early
    90's. I ran a dial-up BBS for almost 10 years in SoCal. During that time,
    the only usenet groups I carried were the comp.sys.apple2.* feeds. And I
    never ran across the word "plonk" in all that time.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:20:17 -0600, "Terry Olsen" <tolsen64@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >> Wow...a computer programmer who doesn't know Usenet jargon. The terms
    >"plonk"
    >> and "top-post" are not difficult words to locate..he truly, simply MUST be
    >> from India. Not that that would be a first..
    >
    >Actually, I was a programmer on the Apple IIgs back in the late 80's & early
    >90's. I ran a dial-up BBS for almost 10 years in SoCal. During that time,
    >the only usenet groups I carried were the comp.sys.apple2.* feeds. And I
    >never ran across the word "plonk" in all that time.

    The term was in widespread use before the Great Renaming.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > The term was in widespread use before the Great Renaming.

    Wow...there's another one I've never heard of...Great Renaming...what was
    renamed?

    People sure like to speak in code around here...
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:52:26 -0600, "Terry Olsen" <tolsen64@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >> The term was in widespread use before the Great Renaming.
    >
    >Wow...there's another one I've never heard of...Great Renaming...what was
    >renamed?
    >
    >People sure like to speak in code around here...

    Code? That's what it was called. The top level groups of the USENET were
    reorganized in 1987 into Comp.*, Misc.*, News.*, Rec.*, Sci.*, Soc.* and
    Talk.*. Alt.* came into being later and has since degenerated into much
    the same chaos as before the renaming but with a lot more groups now.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    yth@aol.com (Windsong) wrote in message news:<C46Cc.18090835$Of.2997621@news.easynews.com>...
    > Here are more, per your request:
    >
    > 1.) One word: Bloom (Deus Ex 2, anyone?)
    > 2.) No Sword (can't "fence" with a "dagger". Fighting guards is like Doom 2 on
    > Nightmare)
    > 3.) Inefficient Bow (try killing a guard with it and compare it to T1/2
    > 4.) Half-hazardly coded Flashbombs
    > 5.) Small Levels (ala DE2)
    > 6.) Frequent crashes
    > 7.) Third person takes center stage. 1st is on the backburner, and it shows.
    > 8.) Expert difficulty SHOW-STOPPER bug (creator of the circle of shadow site
    > stopped playing altogether until they issued a patch. However, NOTHING else in
    > the game was fixed.
    >
    > There are many, many more...
    <SNIP>
    #6 - Game has not Crashed on me yet. (PC - P4 / XP / Radeon 9800 AIW)
    What's your hardware / software? Do you have a processor capable of
    multi-threading with XP - that problem may still exist with thief 3).

    Under what circumstances can you force a crash?

    Juniper
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    hmm... thought I heard something... must've been rats!

    "Windsong" <yth@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Wow...a computer programmer who doesn't know Usenet jargon. The terms
    "plonk"
    > and "top-post" are not difficult words to locate..he truly, simply MUST be
    > from India. Not that that would be a first..
    >
    > "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> wrote:
    > >This is a top post.
    > >
    > >> Again... top-post???
    > >>
    > >> color me ignorant...
    > >>
    > >This is a non-top post (often preferred as it directly follows whatever
    it
    > >is you're replying to)
    > >
    > >color you ignorant no longer
    > >
    > >Loony

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Wow...a computer programmer who doesn't know Usenet jargon. The terms
    "plonk"
    > and "top-post" are not difficult words to locate..he truly, simply MUST be
    > from India. Not that that would be a first..

    Yes because all computer programmers know every acronymn in the world...
    unless they're from India. Besides that I did explain what a top-post is,
    you just can't read.

    YOU ARE A MORON! M-O-R-O-N... MORON!

    Stop being one, I'm all through speaking retard to you.
    Big Hug
    Loony

    > "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> wrote:
    > >This is a top post.
    > >
    > >> Again... top-post???
    > >>
    > >> color me ignorant...
    > >>
    > >This is a non-top post (often preferred as it directly follows whatever
    it
    > >is you're replying to)
    > >
    > >color you ignorant no longer
    > >
    > >Loony

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Loony wrote:
    > Oh look, a double post.
    >
    > I can sink no further, though it would seem you've got plenty more
    > you can sink.
    >
    > Bottom line, grow up, don't play Thief 3, stop posting about it and
    > go away.

    Actually the bottom line is that this is an open forum, if people won't to
    use it to bitch about T3 then it's up to them. Windsong did actually make a
    couple of fair points IMHO I.e. The level size and lack of a sword.

    At any rate I don't see a problem with people posting their views, as long
    as they post in a none troll like manner.

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Actually the bottom line is that this is an open forum, if people won't to
    > use it to bitch about T3 then it's up to them. Windsong did actually make
    > couple of fair points IMHO I.e. The level size and lack of a sword.
    >
    > At any rate I don't see a problem with people posting their views, as long
    > as they post in a none troll like manner.

    At this point I consider him a troll, hence my harsh words. But you're
    right, he's got some valid complaints. It was when he used his opinions as
    some type of factual proof that Thief 3 is worthless that I got angry.

    Water under the bridge. I let it get to me and I paid the price (namely 4+
    hours of lost gaming time to get that chip off my shoulder).

    I'm better now. Trolls get whatever I can hammer out in 2 minutes or
    nothing at all.

    Sorry I had to pollute the group so much to learn my lessons. I'll redeem
    myself eventually :)

    Happy Thieving
    Loony
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    I top post all the time. Times change, but ancient Usenet paradigms are slow to
    do so.

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:48:52 +0100, "Morgan Sales"
    <morgan.salesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Loony wrote:
    >> Loony lurks here.
    >
    >A little opinionated from someone who has bee known to top-post. ;-)

    # Reply-to address encrypted. Or fake. Whatever.
    # Yes, I'm a top-poster. Get modern.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> writes:

    > Ahh, it's an acronym. I just looked it up.

    But it's _not_ an acronym. I'm pretty positive the acronym was
    invented as a joke to describe the existing term. There's always a
    miniscule chance the acronym came first and any resemblance to
    existing slang was just a coincidence.

    --
    Darin Johnson
    Laziness is the father of invention

    Loony wrote:

    > I'm better now. Trolls get whatever I can hammer out in 2 minutes or
    > nothing at all.
    >
    > Sorry I had to pollute the group so much to learn my lessons. I'll
    > redeem myself eventually :)

    Remeber Loony, *You've* got the right to bitch here to. ;-)

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:19:42 +0100, "Morgan Sales"
    <morgan.salesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Loony wrote:
    >> Oh look, a double post.
    >>
    >> I can sink no further, though it would seem you've got plenty more
    >> you can sink.
    >>
    >> Bottom line, grow up, don't play Thief 3, stop posting about it and
    >> go away.
    >
    >Actually the bottom line is that this is an open forum, if people won't to
    >use it to bitch about T3 then it's up to them.

    Yes, and it's up to anybody else to bitch about the bitching.

    >Windsong did actually make a
    >couple of fair points IMHO I.e. The level size and lack of a sword.

    I'd like bigger levels as much as the next guy, but please bear in
    mind that computer game creation is a *business.* Neither T1, TG or
    T2 was blockbusters, so to speak. If they didn't come up with the plan
    to develop it for both PC and Xbox, I don't think it would've been
    developed at all. I prefer Thief3 with small levels to no Thief3 at
    all.

    Personally, I think swapping the sword for a dagger was great. I don't
    think there would've been a sword in Garrett's hands in the first
    place, if it wasn't for TDP's origin as a knight of the round table
    kinda game. They should've dropped the sword back when they released
    Thief2, IMO.

    What's up Chuck?

    To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Greger Hoel wrote:

    >> Windsong did actually make a
    >> couple of fair points IMHO I.e. The level size and lack of a sword.
    >
    > I'd like bigger levels as much as the next guy, but please bear in
    > mind that computer game creation is a *business.* Neither T1, TG or
    > T2 was blockbusters, so to speak. If they didn't come up with the plan
    > to develop it for both PC and Xbox, I don't think it would've been
    > developed at all. I prefer Thief3 with small levels to no Thief3 at
    > all.

    I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying (as you've agreed) that bigger
    levels were better.

    > Personally, I think swapping the sword for a dagger was great. I don't
    > think there would've been a sword in Garrett's hands in the first
    > place, if it wasn't for TDP's origin as a knight of the round table
    > kinda game. They should've dropped the sword back when they released
    > Thief2, IMO.

    I don't know. I look at it like this. If you're gonna break into a mansion
    with guards armed with swords you're goanna want some sort of defence
    against them in case you end up in a tight spot. It's not really a biggy
    for me because I seldom used the sword in the first two games, I've got a
    friend who is well annoyed by it though.

    What I would liked to have seen was a kit loadout screen where you could
    pick and choose what kit you wanted, for example you could opt for the sword
    but you might get a slight speed or stealth penalty. This would of course
    annoyed a section of the hardcore fanbase just as much as completely
    removing the sword. Hell I once got shouted down (before the death of LG)
    for suggesting that Thief 3 should incorporate damage zone on the charter
    models as opposed to the daft awareness levels govern damage system. It
    takes all sorts.

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Greger Hoel wrote:
    >
    > >> Windsong did actually make a
    > >> couple of fair points IMHO I.e. The level size and lack of a sword.
    > >
    > > I'd like bigger levels as much as the next guy, but please bear in
    > > mind that computer game creation is a *business.* Neither T1, TG or
    > > T2 was blockbusters, so to speak. If they didn't come up with the plan
    > > to develop it for both PC and Xbox, I don't think it would've been
    > > developed at all. I prefer Thief3 with small levels to no Thief3 at
    > > all.
    >
    > I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying (as you've agreed) that bigger
    > levels were better.
    >
    > > Personally, I think swapping the sword for a dagger was great. I don't
    > > think there would've been a sword in Garrett's hands in the first
    > > place, if it wasn't for TDP's origin as a knight of the round table
    > > kinda game. They should've dropped the sword back when they released
    > > Thief2, IMO.
    >
    > I don't know. I look at it like this. If you're gonna break into a
    mansion
    > with guards armed with swords you're goanna want some sort of defence
    > against them in case you end up in a tight spot. It's not really a biggy
    > for me because I seldom used the sword in the first two games, I've got a
    > friend who is well annoyed by it though.
    >
    > What I would liked to have seen was a kit loadout screen where you could
    > pick and choose what kit you wanted, for example you could opt for the
    sword
    > but you might get a slight speed or stealth penalty. This would of course
    > annoyed a section of the hardcore fanbase just as much as completely
    > removing the sword. Hell I once got shouted down (before the death of
    LG)
    > for suggesting that Thief 3 should incorporate damage zone on the charter
    > models as opposed to the daft awareness levels govern damage system. It
    > takes all sorts.

    I couldn't understand, having spent some time on training level in T1 sword
    fighting, why I had a sword. Apart from cutting tapestries, I had no use
    for one.

    Mary
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Jay wrote:
    > I top post all the time. Times change, but ancient Usenet paradigms
    > are slow to do so.

    So is the construction of the written English language it would seam. :-)

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Morgan Sales" <morgan.salesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> writes:

    > Jay wrote:
    > > I top post all the time. Times change, but ancient Usenet paradigms
    > > are slow to do so.
    >
    > So is the construction of the written English language it would seam. :-)

    speling is for lusers stuk in the past so stop beeng slaives to
    arkayk idees and get modurn! When yoor 133t yoo dont need rulz.

    --
    Darin Johnson
    "Look here. There's a crop circle in my ficus!" -- The Tick

    > speling is for lusers stuk in the past so stop beeng slaives to
    > arkayk idees and get modurn! When yoor 133t yoo dont need rulz.

    LOL... Somewhere, your English teacher is crying... Servs here rite!
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Morgan Sales" <morgan.salesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<2k0feaF163fboU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > Jay wrote:
    > > I top post all the time. Times change, but ancient Usenet paradigms
    > > are slow to do so.
    >
    > So is the construction of the written English language it would seam. :-)

    *Cough* Seem *Cough* ;)
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > You use OE, don't you?

    You got him real good there :P
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > >I just looked it up.
    >
    > You just now looked up a term from the late 80s? How could you not know
    > the basic terminology of the USENET?

    I come here to talk about Thief and this is the ONLY usenet forum I partake
    in, and this is the only usenet forum (aside from asking a few technical
    questions about Excel/Access VBA stuff) that I have ever participated in.

    So you see it's quite simple, my exposure to usenet has been extremely
    limited.

    > You use OE, don't you?

    Why yes I do. I suppose there's something wrong with that as well. For
    simplicity sake I use it, it works, and it gives me my Thief group.
    Anything more than that is fluff I don't need.

    Happy Thieving Taffer
    Loony
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    M Shah wrote:
    > "Morgan Sales" <morgan.salesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> Jay wrote:
    >>> I top post all the time. Times change, but ancient Usenet paradigms
    >>> are slow to do so.
    >>
    >> So is the construction of the written English language it would
    >> seam. :-)
    >
    > *Cough* Seem *Cough* ;)

    Never could get them the right way round. Lucky I teach computers and
    English. Actually, probably not seeing as I'm a appallingly inaccurate at
    typing as well. :-)

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:54:56 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:58:25 -0400, "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I just looked it up.
    >
    >You just now looked up a term from the late 80s? How could you not know
    >the basic terminology of the USENET?

    Says he who had to be spoonfed time and time again that it's bad
    netiquette to spoil in gaming newsgroups.

    What's up Chuck?

    To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:57:04 +0100, "Morgan Sales"
    <morgan.salesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >So is the construction of the written English language it would seam. :-)

    Don't worry about it, Morgan. You'll get it right some day.

    As a addendum to what I wrote, I don't top post all the time.

    Whatever,
    Jay

    # Reply-to address encrypted. Or fake. Whatever.
    # Yes, I'm a top-poster. Get modern.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Loony wrote:

    >> You use OE, don't you?
    >>
    > Why yes I do. I suppose there's something wrong with that as well.
    > For simplicity sake I use it, it works, and it gives me my Thief
    > group. Anything more than that is fluff I don't need.

    Agreed. To me, OE bashing appears to be one of the "it's cool to bash this"
    things, similar to the Windows bashing. OE (especially with quotefix) is
    fine for normal newsgroup reading. there is no point in installing third
    party software when the stuff that comes with windows does the job just
    fine.

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:58:25 -0400, "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I just looked it up.
    >
    > You just now looked up a term from the late 80s? How could you not know
    > the basic terminology of the USENET?
    >
    > You use OE, don't you?
    >
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Between 56% and 69%, depending on which stats you look at, again depending
    on what kind of newsgroups the stats are from, use OE for reading news.

    Just as a side note, to a point that I for one missed, regarding this
    comment :)
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> writes:

    > Anything more than that is fluff I don't need.

    The problem with OE isn't the bad newsreader, but the wide open
    access to viruses and such.

    --
    Darin Johnson
    "Particle Man, Particle Man, doing the things a particle can"

    "Darin Johnson" <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote in message
    > "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> writes:
    >
    > > Anything more than that is fluff I don't need.
    >
    > The problem with OE isn't the bad newsreader, but the wide open
    > access to viruses and such.
    >
    > --
    > Darin Johnson
    > "Particle Man, Particle Man, doing the things a particle can"

    hardly a problem with plain text postings, as long as you you don't actively
    open an enclosed attachment. In which case any newsreader (user) will infect
    the computer.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:38:02 GMT, Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote:

    >"Loony" <loony@byteme.com> writes:
    >
    >> Anything more than that is fluff I don't need.
    >
    >The problem with OE isn't the bad newsreader, but the wide open
    >access to viruses and such.

    Also, the OE used to be set up in a manner encouraging top-posting. I'm
    not sure if this is still the case but Taffers don't forgive grudges.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:38:02 GMT, Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Loony" <loony@byteme.com> writes:
    >>
    >>> Anything more than that is fluff I don't need.
    >>
    >> The problem with OE isn't the bad newsreader, but the wide open
    >> access to viruses and such.
    >
    > Also, the OE used to be set up in a manner encouraging top-posting.
    > I'm not sure if this is still the case but Taffers don't forgive
    > grudges.

    It still does. However, as noted earlier, "OE-Quotefix" reformats and colors
    messages rather nicely and can be set to default to bottom posting if
    desired. Don't leave home without it!

    -craig

Games Video Games Product