Never use Ebuyer.

padlius

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Hello, I have bought 2.8 ghz OEM Athlon X2. Guess what they delivered, its a great piece of Processor with 2006 written on it. I know it came in a jewlery box, but that was partly my fault for buying OEM edition which didnt even have the heatsink. Now I researched and found out that dual cores only came out at the late 2007. What can I do, has anyone been in same situation with ebuyer in the past? Thanks

Right, But chips are made before the are realsed at reatil.

I'm 90% sure that what you bought, just one of the frist batchs ever made.

I got a 2008 intell chip wit 2006 on it!

High, perhaps do some research before buying. Dual cores have been around a lot longer than 2007, perhaps you are thinking of core 2 duo's?

I do not even think processors came at that speed back then, fx-60 was about 2.6 or something like that so no idea what that one is. It is going back a few years so I may be wrong.

Still, you bought it, so why are you complaining about ebuyer?

used them a fair amount, always been good to me...

OP what was the ebuyer item number of that cpu, aren't there two generations of athlon X2, i.e. the old ones and the new ones (cheap phenoms?), i think they are distingushable by the socket although there might be some backwards compatability? But as per bob, they will make and stockpile prior to shipping, you could have one of them.

Jimmy22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Sent me the wrong order once, promtly fixed it and offered me money off for next order. Can't complain with that. Used them a lot since then too, can't fault them really. Not always the cheapest site though, worth shopping around.

loneninja

Distinguished

Don't know where you got your information from, but the Athlon X2 line was launched in 2005. Also the Athlon X2 5400 @ 2.8Ghz released December 2006, from what you've stated there is nothing wrong. Than on top of that cpu's are manufactured months before hitting market, so the date will be earlier than launch.

protokiller

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
I think my E8200 says 2006 on it despite it being a 2008 chip when Intel started making 45nm chips.

Don't worry about the year on the heatspreader it means nothing.

Exactly!

I've seen 2005 on 2008 chips for Intel Confidental Xeons.