Sign in with
Your question

Help me select a graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2010 3:35:03 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a low budget graphics card to fit into my Asus M4A785T-M motherboard. The only requirements are that it is able to support dual monitors, also the monitors both use ONLY VGA outputs. Could anyone recommend a graphics card in the £20-50 range that would allow this? I also prefer ATI cards so that would be a plus.

Also would I just be able to plug one monitor into my integrated VGA slot, and one into my graphics card VGA slot? Would that work? As it seems like the easiest way to do it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

P.S. the budget isn't strict, although I figure as I don't need it for any intensive tasks the cheapest one would do.

More about : select graphics card

February 18, 2010 5:03:26 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I already got some DVI adaptors but thanks alot for the tip! Unfortunately they didn't work with the integrated graphics hence the reason I have to buy a new graphics card :heink:  But they might work with the new grpahics card so thanks.

I had a look around and I do prefer radeon (also the integrated card is a radeon 4200, so I'm guessing theres less chance of some random compatibility issue if I just stick with ATI) Do you think a ATI Radeon HD4350 would do the trick aswell?

Thanks, Saka.
February 18, 2010 5:38:15 PM

Sorry I missed the part where you said you prefer ATI. I am not sure what you mean by it doesn't work using integrated graphics. As I understand it, you can either use integrated graphic card or and card that you plug in to your PCIe slot. If you are just looking to do dual display should be able to do that using the ATi Radeon HD4350, since it has two out connections.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
!