Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to regulate rpm on 3pin ventilators?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 22, 2012 7:59:57 AM

hwmonitor just displays that my 3 fans are moving at max speed and if i try in speedfan it doesnot regulate their rpm
can only 4 pin ventilators be regulated?

thank you
revro
December 22, 2012 8:21:28 AM

Try looking in the bios you can set the speed of fans in there, as for three pin vs four I am not sure but give it a try anyway.
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
December 22, 2012 8:27:51 AM

revro said:
hwmonitor just displays that my 3 fans are moving at max speed and if i try in speedfan it doesnot regulate their rpm
can only 4 pin ventilators be regulated?

thank you
revro

3 Pins are required to regulate a PWM controlled fan. 2 pins can be used for voltage controlled fans but this is less efficient than PWM. 4 pins are necessary to get an accurate readback of the fan speed (as opposed to an approximation).

The exact implementation of fan control varies by motherboard. You may find that some software simply doesn't work on some motherboards. If this is the case, check the motherboard manufacturer's website for a firmware update to see if one is available, and/or a utility provided by the motherboard manufacturer.
Related resources
December 22, 2012 3:28:32 PM

hmm i installed cooler master vortex plus and my cpu temp went from 72-79 (sisoft sandra) to 52 (sisoft sandra), had on q9550 cooler from q8200, which was given to me by the seller of q9550

anyway i have latest bios but cant change anything in bios regarding sys1 sys2 fans and power fan ... nothing in bios there ...

thank you
revro
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 22, 2012 9:11:47 PM

revro said:
hmm i installed cooler master vortex plus and my cpu temp went from 72-79 (sisoft sandra) to 52 (sisoft sandra), had on q9550 cooler from q8200, which was given to me by the seller of q9550

anyway i have latest bios but cant change anything in bios regarding sys1 sys2 fans and power fan ... nothing in bios there ...

thank you
revro

Ah the stock Intel coolers... never a good idea to use those.
m
l
December 23, 2012 5:28:51 AM

well apparently only solution is to purchase such little thingies. will try to look up on revoltec website otherwise i have to purchase the resistor regulator for 3 pin fans
http://focus.sk/product.asp?ID=14197

best
revro
m
l
December 30, 2012 1:58:33 PM

Best answer selected by revro.
m
l
!