Sign in with
Your question

P5lp-le motherboard manual

Last response: in Motherboards
October 19, 2010 6:35:08 PM

Hello,

I just replaced the P5LP-LE motherboard and I do not get any video output. The original board did not have on board video but video card. So I removed the video card and just used the onboard video but still get no output. WHat other suggestions do you have?

Thanks,

a b V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 7:40:08 PM

You're saying you replaced your old board with the P5LP-LE? What type of monitor are you using. Is it the CRT type that has the green/amber light on the bottom? If so does that start out as amber then go to green when you start your comp or does it just stay amber? Can you get into bios? And see it? If so then you might need to go into them and change the video setting to onboard. If you can't see or get to the bios on startup then unplug your system, hold the power button on for a few seconds, then remove the motherboard battery and again hold the power button down for a few seconds then replace the battery. If you would rather use the clear CMOS then here is a link that shows how and where to do it for your board. This should reset your bios to original settings and I think the onboard is usually the default setting. See if that helps. Was your old card a pcie video card or a pci card? You didn't mention what your old board and video card were so I don't know. You have to make sure you put it in the right slot. If you're video card has an AGP interface then it won't work on that board. Hopefully the bios reset will work. Did you buy the board new or used? If you're using a new board your old system probably won't start on it do to driver differences. You will most likely have to do a fresh install. Does the board power up? Be sure to connect both the 24 pin and the 4 pin 12V connectors.
m
l
October 28, 2010 6:27:52 AM

The replacement motherboard is a limestone version with onboard video. The system recognized the video but not the VGA Controller. I went to the ASUS website and was directed to go to the intel site for the imbedded Video driver. The issue I had with the monitor is that it stretched everything horizontally. I did not see a change in the quality nor did the question mark go away in the device manager after installing the driver. After installing a new video card (the BIOS recognized that the video card was installed and defaults to that without having to change any settings) and installed the NVIDIA drivers that came with the new card, the question mark went away. This is puzzleing and maybe you may have an answer to that.

Thanks,

Jack
m
l
Related resources
November 4, 2010 7:54:54 PM

suteck said:
You're saying you replaced your old board with the P5LP-LE? What type of monitor are you using. Is it the CRT type that has the green/amber light on the bottom? If so does that start out as amber then go to green when you start your comp or does it just stay amber? Can you get into bios? And see it? If so then you might need to go into them and change the video setting to onboard. If you can't see or get to the bios on startup then unplug your system, hold the power button on for a few seconds, then remove the motherboard battery and again hold the power button down for a few seconds then replace the battery. If you would rather use the clear CMOS then here is a link that shows how and where to do it for your board. This should reset your bios to original settings and I think the onboard is usually the default setting. See if that helps. Was your old card a pcie video card or a pci card? You didn't mention what your old board and video card were so I don't know. You have to make sure you put it in the right slot. If you're video card has an AGP interface then it won't work on that board. Hopefully the bios reset will work. Did you buy the board new or used? If you're using a new board your old system probably won't start on it do to driver differences. You will most likely have to do a fresh install. Does the board power up? Be sure to connect both the 24 pin and the 4 pin 12V connectors.

Thanks for the input. The new motherboard had onboard video unlike the old one. So I had the faceplate cut out while I tested the new motherboard when I ran into the no video issue. After placing back the modified input/output faceplate the video began working. Either two things happened here. Reseating the cables which would eliminate possible loose connection issue or .... the plate acts as a ground. Don't know but issue resolved
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 4, 2010 11:01:25 PM

I'm glad you got it working.
m
l
!