AMDx3 435 bottleneck?

kisshell2

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Is Amdx3 435 a bottleneck for Ati 5870 or 5850?
If it is, which is the best graphics card that goes along with it?

Also, i would overclock it in stock cooler n if i am lucky it is unlockable.
This is for my new build .
Also, could you guys tell me a good mobo for it.
I didn't want to put this in homebuilt section because i mainly wanna know about the processor.

Thanx in advance

Your best match with that processor is a 5770. A 5850 would be OK of you overclock it to at least 3.4 ghz and unlock it to a quad core. If you got the money for a 5850 it will still perform dam good and if later down the road you crave more speed get a Phenom II.

I have experience with the 435 I just built one for my wife with a 5770 and it unlocked no problem just enabled ACC to all cores and bam I had a quad core but overclocking on the stock heatsink with it unlocked just cant be done just with an overclock of 300 mhz I was seeing temps climb up into the 70s and they probably would have went higher if I didn't stop Prime. I put a cheap $15 OCZ tower cooler which I got at MicroCenter and then I was able to get 3.6ghz out of it stable with temps in the mid 60s.

With it overclocked it shouldn't bottleneck a 5850 by much but it will definitely see better performance with a Phenom the L3 cache makes a difference when you are using a high end graphics card.