Nvidia nForce4 SLI X16 MCP

I need to know what is the best cpu I can use with this Motherboard.. Thanks a lot.. Bye,,,(I am using now an Intel dual core 940 with 3.2 Ghz..)
4 answers Last reply
More about nvidia nforce4
  1. Hello.. thanks for your answer.. it looks like if this mobo accept only pentium dual core.. in dell forums everybody says that core 2 duo does not work in this mobo.. ARE YOU SURE I can buy this core 2 duo e6xxx or e4xxx for this socket LGA775?.. Bye
  2. But this is for a Dell motherboard so no it will not work the Pentium D is all that it will support.

The OP PMd me and said its for a Dell XPS

Some manufactures might have been able to get a bios to work withe Core 2 conroes but Dell never updated past Pentium Ds it wont even work with the Pentium D 965 extreme edition because the board can only handle an 800mhz FSB.
  3. Yup thats it and in fact the OP said he has a Pentium D 940 in it when those came out it only had support for the old Pentium D 800 smithfields but they must of made a bios update for the presslers at some point.
  4. Ok.. thanks too much.. my best regards to you.. I will keep my cpu (Pentium Dual core 940), and I will try the Evga 9800GT 512 Mb DDR3 that seems my best video option.. thanks a lot.. Bye
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs SLI Motherboards Nvidia