Sign in with
Your question

Galaxy GTS 250 HDMI Setup

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2010 6:19:55 PM

Hi everyone.

I have a Galaxy GTS 250 1 GB GPU that has HDMI out on it. There was a little note in the packaging that said I needed to pipe sound into the card using a cable that was included. I can see where that cable connects to my GPU, but cannot, for the life of me, seem to find the place where I connect it to the mainboard. I don't THINK my mainboard has an S/PDIF audio output interface.

My computer is a Lenovo K230 IdeaCentre - specifically a K230 5359-3AU. I have looked all over the place on this mainboard (even tried finding a schematics manual), but I can't seem to get it.

Any ideas?

Jay
February 19, 2010 4:17:44 PM

Yah I definitely have that SPDIF output on the exterior of the computer case (next to the other audio outputs)... but I looked pretty closely at everything on the mb and could only find on jumper in the far bottom (when the case is standing up) corner, that seemed to be labeled "mono out". Could that be it?

Jay
Related resources
February 19, 2010 4:28:53 PM

well thats a mono audio output
thats different than spdif
perhaps you can get a converter for the two...
i don't know if the plugs are interchangeable... i doubt it
February 24, 2010 4:16:26 PM

Yah I am going to look VERY closely on the mb to see if I am missing something. I actually called Lenovo and they told me that had no way of knowingwhere or even if I have an spdif out.
February 24, 2010 5:25:51 PM

wow
thats awful customer service/organization
February 24, 2010 6:40:46 PM

Yah I was surprised myself. I mean, I know they have a lot of models, but c'mon people. SOMEBODY should have the specs on the mboard. I actually have a bunch of friends who really thought that the Lenovo tech guys were helpful. I guess if all you're asking is how to change your deskltop res or something...
!