The application failed to initialize properly - 0xc0000005

aloy01

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
When i click on winamp or vlc there is an Application error which comes saying.

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I am using a Windows XP Professional 2002 - Service Pack 3

vicky cena

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Problem:-

When starting Virtual Weather Station, I receive the following error:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0XC0000005). Click OK to terminate the application.”

Discussion:-

This problem is generated by Microsoft's Data execution prevention (DEP) . For more information, reference Microsoft Technet
Any application that is not registered with DEP will receive an exception with status code STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005).

Solution:-

The solution is to include VWS in the list of programs that are exempt from DEP. DEP configuration for the system is controlled through switches in the Boot.ini file. If you are logged on as an administrator, you can now easily configure DEP settings by using the System dialog box in Control Panel.

End users who are logged on as administrators can manually configure DEP between the OptIn and OptOut policies using the Data Execution Prevention tab inside the System Properties dialog box. The following procedure describes how to manually configure DEP on the computer:

-Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
-Click the Advanced tab (or Advanced System Properties in Vista and Windows7). Then, under Performance, click Settings.
-Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
-Click Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy, or:
-Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy.
-If you selected the OptOut policy, click Add and add the applications that you do not want to use DEP with. Add vws.exe to this list.

hope it will helps u..... :hello: :bounce: