Best Resolution for ATI 5850

zepman79

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Hello,
I'm having a new rig made for me with an ATI 5850 card and am debating on what monitor I want. I mainly play mmo's such as DDO, WoW, and plan on playing AoC and possibly Warhammer Online (Also will be playing Diablo III when it comes out). Just wondering what resolution works best for that card playing these games at max settings, 1680 X 1050 or can it handle 1920 X 1080. Will have an oc'ed intel core I-7 920 processor and 6 gb DDR3 1600 MHz RAM. Having it built from Digital Storm. Want to have good fps with these games, but also want a good resolution for watching movies (DVD's not blu-ray) since I don't have a good TV. Thanks in advance!

ben10_85

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I've been running all my games at 1920x1080 on max but I doubt a single 5850 will be gliding along @ that res and max settings a year from now! Thank goodness for Crossfire :bounce: but then you can always get a bit of extra cooling and OC it wich might prolong the gaming life a bit

Cheers

zepman79

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Thanks for the reply Ben. I don't play any first person shooters, just MMO's, so I think I should be fine at that resolution. I don't plan on playing any upcoming games for the next few years except for Diablo 3 and it doesn't really look that graphic intensive. I guess the most graphic intensive game I plan on playing is Age of Conan and I think it should be fine at max settings or close to max settings. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I kinda doubt a year from now games will be much more intensive. That won't happen until there's a new wave of consoles. Crysis and Stalker are still the most intensive games around(because they are PC only) and they have been around for years.