Cyberpower build questions

kyhobbit

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
i am looking at having cyberpower build a AMD phenom II x 4 965 black edition. 4 gigs of ram <a data gaming brand> Motherboard: GigaByte GA-770T-USB3 AMD 770; and a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB video card. Because of cost using XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply <thinking of 600watt or maybe 700; i am trying to keep system below or just around $1,000; i use primarly for games like WoW, diablo3, dragons age etc.

I need help deciding if this build is okay. and deciding if motherboard is a good one for my desired use. I also am not sure of case to use. since am planning on adding a Xigmatek Dark Knight-S1283V Gaming CPU Cooling Fan and wanted to make sure case i selected would be spacious enough for all components. not to sure on how much cooling fans is necessasry either.
thinking of the CoolerMaster Elite 310 or Raidmax Skyline Mid-Tower Gaming Case as best price cases but thinking of maybe the AZZA Solano 1000 Full-Tower because of all the great sounding cooling fans. will still add the darkknight cooling as well. want a case that is not going to be to cheap made and enough room. dont want to waste money on parts that are to cheap and going to go out or break quickly, but still want to keep cost down.
any advise on build/parts i have picked is appreciated. useing Gamer dragon 8000 as my base computer and just changing few things on Cyberpower

For starters, having CP build your rig isn't cost effective. You can save yourself the labor costs by putting your computer together on your own.

Secondly, I know you'd be throwing your money down the toilet by doing an SLI set up for Wow and/or D3, the graphics are not that demanding. I have an AMD Phenom X4 950 mounted in a Gigabyte TA790GX. Currently equipped with Corsair XMS 2x1GB dual channel (I don't recall the specs) and a single PNY GTS 250 1GB GPU. With my current rig, I get an easy 100 fps in WoW raids with max in-game video settings.

As for your query on your parts...

If you're stuck on going SLI (nothing wrong with it for future gaming) then you'll want at least a 600w PSU with 4 or 5 12v rails pushing min 18A each. CoolerMaster cases are designed for high-powered computers that push out a lot of heat, hence their mesh design, so the 310 would be my choice, considering the alternative (I've read a lot of bad reviews on Raidmax products).

The amount of cooling fans to put in your case should be balanced. Having three exhaust fans and one intake fan will actually cause excess heat to build up. On the other hand, having more intake than exhaust will cause unstable air pressure within the case.