Sign in with
Your question

How do you rate this PSU

Last response: in Components
May 8, 2010 10:51:20 AM

Its about the limit of my budget and will be running on it Phenom II x6 and Radeon HD 5670 crossfire. What do you think is it ok?

Thanks

More about : rate psu

a b ) Power supply
May 8, 2010 10:55:16 AM

Well, it looks OK, with 80+ efficiency and actual certifications, but it's out of stock. :D 
Related resources
May 8, 2010 10:56:28 AM

Lmeow said:
Well, it looks OK, with 80+ efficiency and actual certifications, but it's out of stock. :D 

not buying and building my new system for a couple if months, just have my fingers crossed :kaola: 
a b ) Power supply
May 8, 2010 1:33:59 PM

Dual 5670s will pull about the same power as a 5770 that PSU will probably be fine.
a b ) Power supply
May 8, 2010 1:36:51 PM

yes defintely get the ocz over that other psu. it is a decent psu. the other psu LOOKS ok but its probably as bad as the coolmax cu-500b i just bought. looks beutiful wighs nothing and has flimsy connectors. the the fan is nearly silent but moves like no air...
May 8, 2010 3:37:19 PM

jbakerlent said:
I wouldn't trust it with dual GPUs and a x6... This one is only a few dollars more
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA...

Still not excellent, but not terrible. Also, why are you getting dual 5670s??

Because I already have one, and cant afford to spend lots on a another graphics so just crossfiring
a c 248 ) Power supply
May 9, 2010 1:01:00 PM

It is difficult to offer any advice or an opinion because the power supply you mentioned is a "house brand" that is only offered in the UK.

Normally veteran posters do not recommend generic or "house brands" unless there are favorable tehcnical reviews. I was not able to find a competent technical review.
!