Midtower case for RX240

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

the thing is that a smaller case that is easy to move around is what i need. i really dont like having my current radiator hanginng off the back of my case right now. couple that with the fact that it gets in the way of my gpu hdmi output id like to internally mount.

i was planning on mounting inside at the top with the radiator fans being intake. i know that isnt what is normally recommended but honestly i dont really care how hot my gpus get as they already run at 65*c max and i feel like in most cases ill have enough fans to exhaust the hot air im bringing in anyway.

what really sucks is that my wc kit right now really isnt producing great temps. i have a really hot chip though and i get 65*c max temps at 4.6ghz and 1.395v max.

with that said do you have any cases in mind? thanks for your reply!

Lutfij

Titan
Mr sean connery - OP sheemsh to be shtuck with hish idea of internal layout.

In all aspects of reality, people are tearing the concept of watercooling right down to its undies. Watercooling is not jsut stick it in and see lower temps kinda thing-it'll need a good environment to function properly.

i was planning on mounting inside at the top with the radiator fans being intake.
warning you're dumping heat into case-> please abort.

its a 750 rasa rx240....what really sucks is that my wc kit right now really isn't producing great temps. i have a really hot chip though and i get 65*c max temps at 4.6ghz and 1.395v max.
are you sure you know what you're doing with those volts? You're saying a RX is struggling to do your loop justice? best head down to the watercooling sticky and perform your TDP calc to see if your loop is starved of raddage.

...but honestly i dont really care how hot my gpus get as they already run at 65*c max and i feel like in most cases ill have enough fans to exhaust the hot air im bringing in anyway.
As a last resort I'd just ask you to go for air cooling instead of shelling out $300 on your setup cos when you'll have a cpu only lop, you want to go gpu and soon enough the whole spaghetti bowl.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

im not stuck in my head about having internal radaitor. its the best option that i have and i need to internalize my radiator. not every solution has to have an external mounted radiator and i know that i could be hurting performance doing so but so does not cranking your ac in your house to 65*f.

i know having a internal top mounted radiator is not ideal and neither is having it as an intake but i should get better cpu temps that way and my gpu temps can get higher as they are pretty low as of now.

also i have had a 212+ and a nh-d14 coolers on this cpu. each one runs 10*c hotter then the next worse. i just have a really hot chip that require a lot of volts.

i understand you do not like what i am doing and that it seems like you think people like me are "ruining" water cooling but everyone has different needs and preferences and mine are different then yours. im not an expert you more then likely know much more then me but i am semi aware of the negatives of what i am wanting to do.

with that said, do you have any cases in mind that could accommodate what i want to do?

i tried this this afternoon and i shook the radiator pretty good side to side and i didnt see or hear any bubbles coming through. idk if that is the problem. fwiw those temps are from running folding@home 24/7 with an ambient temp of 23*c.

can that case fit a top mounted 240mm radiator? i like the looks of it and probably would go with the black one. it also looks like it has an option for a top and or bottom mounted radiator!

thanks that is a serious option!

cbrunnem

Distinguished

that was just what i needed. still open to others input though!

cbrunnem

Distinguished
so i went ahead with the cm 690 II advanced and its a little larger then i expected but it fits my radiator... barely. its higher quality then i expected as well.

i was able to get my temps under control too. a combonation of a very dirty radiator(30% blocked) and for some reason my voltage kept creeping higher(weird but was able to lower by about .03) i am now getting 58-60 internally mounted which was what i was getting before externally mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.