Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good build? for whats the latest out?and the price?

Last response: in Systems
March 2, 2010 12:05:21 AM

asus m4179t deluxe 4 way crossfire
amd phenom II x4 965 3.4
4x xfx radeon hd 5750 xxx edition
4x crucial 4 bg ddr3 1066mhz
w.d. velicoraptor 300gb 10000 rpm
x3 ultra 1600 watts power supply
logisys clear aryclic clear case with 3 fans
w.d. mybook 1.5 terabyte
microsoft optical pro keyboard and mouse wireless
mouse pad

$2673.00 tax included or 2886.84 w/tax (everything)

im looking for a ver fast multitask pc, that can have many, i mean many programs opened, without even a slight lag, or freeze, exploring the internet, music recording, and editing, with software, and playing real time strategy, and turn based games.

p.s. if anyone wants to know the part #'s so they can build this, just ask!
March 2, 2010 12:49:32 AM

Ok, I'll bite.

No, this would be completely missing the mark.

First of all, the motherboard can not accommodate 4 double slot video cards. You say the games you will be playing are RTS games, that would usually mean that you want as fast a CPU as possible, so shifting some of the budget from the GPUs to the CPU would make for an overall better performing PC, so you are looking at a P55 or X58 build instead of an AM3 one.

Now, you don't want any kind of lag, I guess that means you want to go with a SSD instad of the VelociRaptor, which should be possible seeing as you are moving away from the 4 5750, if instead of those you go with a 5870 which should be enough for RTS games, but since we are going to ditch that 1600W PSU, there should be enough budget for a 5970 should you be able to locate one.
m
l
Related resources
March 2, 2010 2:26:40 AM

your right it wont fit, what about the msi790 fx would that work with 4 way crossfire
m
l
March 2, 2010 10:52:22 AM

Yes, that would work with CrossfireX, but you are still not building an optimal system for your intended purpose.

Should you go ahead with this setup anyway, at least get a more efficient PSU.
m
l
!