LAN Problems

Hello,
I am currently having problems with my Windows XP Pro SP2. I was playing a game called RaiderZ, after that the computer crashed down and made a continuous beep. Not a problem though, just the power supply. I restarted it then went to the bathroom. When I went back, I noticed the internet was down. I checked my network connections and LAN didnt show up. Which is where our LAN is NEEDED to connect to the internet. But it didnt show up, I checked the cables and they were lighted with orange and yellow. Which means their fine? But LAN still doesnt show up. I also checked Device Managers and it says that a fast ethernet adapter has this code 10 error. I've tried dettaching and reattaching. I tried to reinstall. There are no available drivers and I cant roll back since I didnt have a previous driver. Right now im using my laptop to type this in. Please respond. My network adapter is JMicron fast ethernet adapter #2..
7 answers Last reply
More about problems
  1. Hello,
    I am currently having problems with my Windows XP Pro SP2. I was playing a game called RaiderZ, after that the computer crashed down and made a continuous beep. Not a problem though, just the power supply. I restarted it then went to the bathroom. When I went back, I noticed the internet was down. I checked my network connections and LAN didnt show up. Which is where our LAN is NEEDED to connect to the internet. But it didnt show up, I checked the cables and they were lighted with orange and yellow. Which means their fine? But LAN still doesnt show up. I also checked Device Managers and it says that a fast ethernet adapter has this code 10 error. I've tried dettaching and reattaching. I tried to reinstall. There are no available drivers and I cant roll back since I didnt have a previous driver. Right now im using my laptop to type this in. Please respond. My network adapter is JMicron fast ethernet adapter #2..
  2. JMicron PCI Express Fast Ethernet Adaptor #2
  3. If your power supply failed it might have damaged the Ethernet hardware. Try installing an Ethernet card and see if it works.
  4. Actually I never had any problems untill after the crash..
    My drivers are all fine though. And the one you suggested didnt work..
  5. This has happened alot of times before. It didnt really do anything to the ethernet adapter..
  6. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    LAN Problems
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers LAN Windows XP