Which way to go on my upgrade?

d-day

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of buying advice please.

I've had a q9450 on a P35 Gigabyte board with 4 gig of OCZ Reaper 1066 and an 8800gt for about 3 years now I recently bought a new 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor and a GTX 460 to power it, but now i'm not sure what to do. I would like to buy another GTX 460 and try that out as the reviews of 2 together seem good.
Problem is the only new crossfire boards i can find are a small Asus or Gigabyte, and i reckon heat would become a big issue very quickly as i live in Thailand at the moment. I like to dabble with overclocking, so would also like a board that lends itself to that, and i also like gaming. I'm still happy with my q9450, it games well and don't think upgrading the chip will give me that much of a boost (correct me if i'm wrong) so should i buy a good older board off ebay, either an Asus P5Q or a Asus Maximus extreme for example? Or bite the bullet and look to get a new board, chip and ram? Although i don't really like the sound of the second option as it sounds expensive! Or is there another option i've not considered?
Thanks a lot for any help.
D-Day.