HELP!! I need help with sending out mail. PLEASE HELP! 2nd..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie6.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Any guesses would be much appreciated.

I have a computer that has no problem receiving email with or without
attachments. It will send email without attachments and only one line
of text. But times-out when sending email WITH attachments or with
more than one line of text. I've double checked all the settings. I
have installed other email clients with the same exact results. (the
Bat, Thunderbird)

This problem started about a month ago with no apparent connection to
an event. It worked fine for many months prior.

I did have Zonealarm (firewall) and AVG (antivirus) installed. But I
thought they might be the cause and I uninstalled them. But that
didn't help.

I've even tried installing SP1 over itself. Now I just installed SP2
on top of SP1. It still has the same problem.

After timing out the error message is 10053 in Outlook.

I connect to the Internet with SBCGlobal.

Here's my chain.

My computer Other computer
XP XP SP1
Linksys net card v5 Linksys net card v4
(both are connected to the following)
Linksys Router BEFSR41
2WIRE Homeportal 1000HW

Specs:
I have two computers. One with XP Pro and the problem computer with
XP Pro SP1. (now both computers are running XP SP2).

I have them setup basically identical.
They are both connected to a Linksys router that then connects to a
the 2WIRE router/dsl modem.

Thank you.
5 answers Last reply
More about help sending mail help
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Post the complete, verbatim error message.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

    newbie wrote:
    > Any guesses would be much appreciated.
    >
    > I have a computer that has no problem receiving email with or without
    > attachments. It will send email without attachments and only one line
    > of text. But times-out when sending email WITH attachments or with
    > more than one line of text. I've double checked all the settings. I
    > have installed other email clients with the same exact results. (the
    > Bat, Thunderbird)
    >
    > This problem started about a month ago with no apparent connection to
    > an event. It worked fine for many months prior.
    >
    > I did have Zonealarm (firewall) and AVG (antivirus) installed. But I
    > thought they might be the cause and I uninstalled them. But that
    > didn't help.
    >
    > I've even tried installing SP1 over itself. Now I just installed SP2
    > on top of SP1. It still has the same problem.
    >
    > After timing out the error message is 10053 in Outlook.
    >
    > I connect to the Internet with SBCGlobal.
    >
    > Here's my chain.
    >
    > My computer Other computer
    > XP XP SP1
    > Linksys net card v5 Linksys net card v4
    > (both are connected to the following)
    > Linksys Router BEFSR41
    > 2WIRE Homeportal 1000HW
    >
    > Specs:
    > I have two computers. One with XP Pro and the problem computer with
    > XP Pro SP1. (now both computers are running XP SP2).
    >
    > I have them setup basically identical.
    > They are both connected to a Linksys router that then connects to a
    > the 2WIRE router/dsl modem.
    >
    > Thank you.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie6.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "newbie" <nowhere@here.org> wrote in message
    > Any guesses would be much appreciated.
    >
    > I have a computer that has no problem receiving email with or without
    > attachments. It will send email without attachments and only one line
    > of text. But times-out when sending email WITH attachments or with
    > more than one line of text. I've double checked all the settings. I
    > have installed other email clients with the same exact results. (the
    > Bat, Thunderbird)
    >
    > This problem started about a month ago with no apparent connection to
    > an event. It worked fine for many months prior.
    >
    > I did have Zonealarm (firewall) and AVG (antivirus) installed. But I
    > thought they might be the cause and I uninstalled them. But that
    > didn't help.
    >
    > I've even tried installing SP1 over itself. Now I just installed SP2
    > on top of SP1. It still has the same problem.
    >
    > After timing out the error message is 10053 in Outlook.
    >
    > I connect to the Internet with SBCGlobal.
    >
    > Here's my chain.
    >
    > My computer Other computer
    > XP XP SP1
    > Linksys net card v5 Linksys net card v4
    > (both are connected to the following)
    > Linksys Router BEFSR41
    > 2WIRE Homeportal 1000HW
    >
    > Specs:
    > I have two computers. One with XP Pro and the problem computer with
    > XP Pro SP1. (now both computers are running XP SP2).
    >
    > I have them setup basically identical.
    > They are both connected to a Linksys router that then connects to a
    > the 2WIRE router/dsl modem.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Are you using SBC yahoo? If so try changing your smtp setting to
    smtp.sbcglobal.net, if they are not already set to that. I have seen posts
    that said other people couldn't send and got that same error code if the
    setting was smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com.
    Apparently the SBC SMTP servers are a bit flaky. Worth a try.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie6.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    This may be helpful.
    http://tinyurl.com/3ne9l
    Good luck.
    "newbie" <nowhere@here.org> wrote in message
    > Any guesses would be much appreciated.
    >
    > I have a computer that has no problem receiving email with or without
    > attachments. It will send email without attachments and only one line
    > of text. But times-out when sending email WITH attachments or with
    > more than one line of text. I've double checked all the settings. I
    > have installed other email clients with the same exact results. (the
    > Bat, Thunderbird)
    >
    > This problem started about a month ago with no apparent connection to
    > an event. It worked fine for many months prior.
    >
    > I did have Zonealarm (firewall) and AVG (antivirus) installed. But I
    > thought they might be the cause and I uninstalled them. But that
    > didn't help.
    >
    > I've even tried installing SP1 over itself. Now I just installed SP2
    > on top of SP1. It still has the same problem.
    >
    > After timing out the error message is 10053 in Outlook.
    >
    > I connect to the Internet with SBCGlobal.
    >
    > Here's my chain.
    >
    > My computer Other computer
    > XP XP SP1
    > Linksys net card v5 Linksys net card v4
    > (both are connected to the following)
    > Linksys Router BEFSR41
    > 2WIRE Homeportal 1000HW
    >
    > Specs:
    > I have two computers. One with XP Pro and the problem computer with
    > XP Pro SP1. (now both computers are running XP SP2).
    >
    > I have them setup basically identical.
    > They are both connected to a Linksys router that then connects to a
    > the 2WIRE router/dsl modem.
    >
    > Thank you.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:58:39 -0500, "PA Bear" <PABear@mvps.org> wrote:

    > Post the complete, verbatim error message.

    Here it is.

    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
    Possible causes for this include server problems, network
    problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 't2',
    Account: 'SBCYahoo', Server: 'SMTP.SBCGLOBAL.YAHOO.COM',
    Protocol: SMTP, Port 25, Secure (SSL): no, Socket Error: 10053
    Error Number 0x800CCC0F

    I hope this tells you something. Thanks for the help.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Always include all of the previous message in your replies to the newsgroup,
    please.

    Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
    additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:

    <paste>
    Disabling email protection does not leave you vulnerable to viruses and
    malicious software in email. It is a separate layer of protection in
    addition to Auto-Protect. Auto-Protect scans any incoming files, including
    email, as they are saved to your hard drive. As long as you keep your virus
    definitions up to date with LiveUpdate, and keep Auto-Protect enabled and
    set to scan files as they are created or downloaded, your system is fully
    protected.
    </paste>
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/df0a595864594c86852567ac0063608c/65434372961d321d8825687f000003f8

    Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending E-Mail
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

    Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

    What You Should Know About Spyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

    newbie wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:58:39 -0500, "PA Bear" <PABear@mvps.org> wrote:
    >

    > > Post the complete, verbatim error message.
    >

    > Here it is.

    > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
    > Possible causes for this include server problems, network
    > problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 't2',
    > Account: 'SBCYahoo', Server: 'SMTP.SBCGLOBAL.YAHOO.COM',
    > Protocol: SMTP, Port 25, Secure (SSL): no, Socket Error: 10053
    > Error Number 0x800CCC0F
    >
    > I hope this tells you something. Thanks for the help.

Configuration Microsoft Email Windows XP