Help diagnose my problem....

G

I have a new machine, everything has been working fine for weeks.

One day I came home to power on the machine. I powered it on. It stayed on for 3 seconds then turned off. After 3 seconds later it turns back on for 1 second and then turns back off....

I'm guessing its a power supply issue, but I want to be sure before I replace my power supply.

G

Ok... I have a i7 930 CPU, an Asus P6X58D Mobo, 2x 480 SLI video cards. 14 fans, OCZZ1000M PSU, Kingston DDR3 12gb

One thing I noticed.... It is normal for the PSU to keep the PSU fan running after shutting the machine down. The PSU fan runs even after it keeps the machine on after 2 seconds.

I started by removing the molex connections to all fans and one 12v connection to one of my SLIs.... Still having the same issue though.

I should note that I left my machine on and it went into standby. After I powered it on, the screen wouldnt come on but the machine was running. I had to force power it off by holding down the button. After doing this, that is when the problems started.

G

Ok -- Resetting the CMOS fixed this issue. Bizzare. I'm wondering if its an issue with the motherboard instead of the PSU... Is there any way to determine this? I'm guessing its also related to "standby mode"

Ok, Did you build it or was it shopjob? if its your build I'd start by stripping it back to barebones, Mobo, cpu/hs, one gfx card you KNOW works fine, psu and one stick of ram, see if you can get fired up ok,Hopefully other (More experienced) people can input and help[ you out too :)
If its a shopjob, I'd be down the store tomorrow morning :)