Initializing 4disc RAID5. 22% in 24hrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppy_2482

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
Hello,
I just added a 4 disc (2TB ea) RAID5 to my home system. The discs I picked are WD 2TB Caviar Green Sata III 6gbs. They are currently connected to MSI P67-GD65(b3) Mobo. Ports 3-6 (SataII)

I set up the Array, and then started the Initialize disc. It has been over 24hrs and I am at 22%. Is this right? Should I be using the "PHY" jumpers on the discs?

Solution
Do not use those drives in a raid 5 set, they are not going to work properly. Research wd tler if you want more info. Those drives only work properly in raid 0 and raid 1.

Even if the set finishes initializing the drives will continually drop out on a weekly basis and make the raid set useless.

tomatthe

Distinguished
Do not use those drives in a raid 5 set, they are not going to work properly. Research wd tler if you want more info. Those drives only work properly in raid 0 and raid 1.

Even if the set finishes initializing the drives will continually drop out on a weekly basis and make the raid set useless.

Solution

puppy_2482

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
So if I want to build a 4 disc RAID5 what are some good, reliable hard drives? I'm not a fan or seagate. And I was looking into a size of 2TB. After the Array is built, and formated. I will be left with less then 6gb of storage. What are some drive to look at? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.