Is it possilbe to watercool 2 systems?

Hell yeah :)
Firstly, read the sticky up top if you are new to W/c,
Are the Pc's close to each other or separate rooms?
Any kids/pets to worry about?
And is one Pc on at all times, both on or depends?
You know you are going to need some toolskills on this right?
Budgets going to have to be flexible too but this is my kind of project :)
Moto

Lutfij

Titan
this was something I saw a few months back where the poster cooled one rig and used the heat from the rig to heat his washrooms :p wife of the poster later gave permission to expand loop to incorporate more heatware and another rig to heat the entire house :D

can't remember the link however the OP of that thread used a huge chevy automotive radiator

Ok,
first option is to have both Pc's running off the same loop, this means the 'master' Pc will have to be on or the secondary one won't get cooled as the master Pc will control the current to the pump/pumps,
second option is to have the loop powered off a separate Psu so that either Pc can be on on its own, the drawback here is remembering to turn the loop on when you turn the Pc on,
a third option is to have two loops sharing a reservoir, this will require some tubing to be insulated to avoid absorbing room heat on the way to the Pc,
So, which of those three seems most suitable for you?
Moto

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Yes, but you need a good water cooling setup. As long as you make sure you have enough tubing, a very powerful pump or dual pump and a strong radiator.

**As outlined above**

Ok, option two is basically,
building a loop for each Pc, then decide if you are going for a huge rad to cool both systems or one rad per Rig,
both loops will exit the Pc and go to the other Pc, (via the rad if you go that route)
The pumps will have extensions to the loop's Psu to power them and you need to make a on/off switching lead to enable you to turn the Psu on and off as desired,
when Pc1 or Pc2 is on, the water will still be passing through the entire loop in both Pc's

option three is the same but each rig's loop can be powered on individually,
this way is slightly simpler.
You build the loop for each Pc and have the tubing exit them into a large shared reservoir, this allows greater control over the waters temperature, and noise levels
(cooler water means less noise from fans)
You still need some radiators but the fans can be run slower and quieter due to the increased mass, a variation on this is to make the reservoir out of a Chillerbox, this will cool the water below ambient temperature for much better results
Both ideas are relatively straightforward expansions on a 'normal' loop, it just takes some thought and, planning and some extension making ability :)
Moto

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

I would say share the reservoir and radiator, they can just pump there own water :).

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

It's one and a half loop :). I see though how it could be just one because there are only one set of main parts (the pump, radiator and reservoir). I think a really good pump and the split the flow in half and have them join back together when they come back to be cooled. Although I think a bigger tube for the main parts would help with this setup. I think the main parts should be outside the cases.

Tubing diameter won't make any difference to anything and splitting the loop is 99 times out of 100 a bad thing for flowrates
Its not a loop and a half, you can't have half a loop lol, its two complete loops feeding from the same res
I agree on the Pumps and the Psu being in a separate box but thats for Op to decide if he's up to the modding/building involved :)
Moto

belezeebub

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I am very Rusty with WC setups if you have enough pump a nice Mag Drive 9 would work and enough of a radi a HE 120.3 springs to mind I don't see why you couldn't but you iMHO are begging for a mess I ran my system changing my coolent every year till one of the hoses burst shorting out my computer and staining my carpet with UV dye (yes I know UV dye is bad but the cool green color was wicked at night)

I lost my cpu two out of 3 video cards and the MB with having that much tubing the chance is just too high for the gain I would do two seperate WC system