Belinda

HI. Can anyone help me?
At some point while messing around with my services configuration, I
<accidentally> deleted locator.exe...
I think that this is essential for RPC and networking.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get a new copy of this file? (I had
System Restore turned off at the time, and have NO restore points)

Thanks in advance,

An extremely stupid individual.

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:11:02 -0800, Belinda wrote:

> HI. Can anyone help me?
> At some point while messing around with my services configuration, I
> <accidentally> deleted locator.exe...
> I think that this is essential for RPC and networking.
>
> Can anyone help me figure out how to get a new copy of this file? (I had
> System Restore turned off at the time, and have NO restore points)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> An extremely stupid individual.

You should have a spare copy of the file in the
...\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder.
Copy it to the ..\Windows\system32 folder.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User