Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Noctua NH-D14 vs. Corsair Hydro H60

Last response: in Overclocking
December 24, 2012 6:21:55 AM

Hey, I purchased a new PC and ordered it with a H60, to make a long story short what OC I can get with the H60 with safe temps?
What OC I can get with the Noctua NH-D14 with safe temps? Which is better? Should I call the store I ordered the PC from and ask them to change from H60 to Noctua? My case is a Sharkoon Vaya Value White!
-Thanks in advance!

Best solution

December 25, 2012 2:51:03 AM

RiskYourBuild said:
Hey, I purchased a new PC and ordered it with a H60, to make a long story short what OC I can get with the H60 with safe temps?
What OC I can get with the Noctua NH-D14 with safe temps? Which is better? Should I call the store I ordered the PC from and ask them to change from H60 to Noctua? My case is a Sharkoon Vaya Value White!
-Thanks in advance!

Ask the store guys to change the cooler to Noctua. Trust me, all the high end air coolers out there (Silver arrow, NH-D14, Phanteks) perform very similar to the H100. So the Noctua beats the H60. I have had experiences with closed loop water coolers and now i have the silver arrow which is similar to the Noctua. Closed loop water coolers are loud but the air coolers are not. Get it without having any second thoughts.
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2012 3:43:57 AM

for corsair h60. i bet you already knew that it was noisy.... i owned it once, and just for 1 week i swapped my h60 with 212 evo for better performance and less noise

just my 0.02 someone can correct me for a better setup
Related resources
December 25, 2012 5:21:12 AM

OK, I can't tell them to upgrade anymore! How hard is't to remove a H60 and install a Noctua?
a b K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 7:48:38 AM

yesss Noctua NH-D14 is top tier A air cooler.....

plus it has some big muscle looks :) 
December 26, 2012 9:04:32 AM

irfan88 said:
Ask the store guys to change the cooler to Noctua. Trust me, all the high end air coolers out there (Silver arrow, NH-D14, Phanteks) perform very similar to the H100. So the Noctua beats the H60. I have had experiences with closed loop water coolers and now i have the silver arrow which is similar to the Noctua. Closed loop water coolers are loud but the air coolers are not. Get it without having any second thoughts.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Why the silver arrow? It's a very good cooler, but the above would seem to suggest that coolers like the Tower 120 Extreme are better.
December 28, 2012 4:13:00 PM

Best answer selected by RiskYourBuild.
!