Noctua NH-D14 vs. Corsair Hydro H60

RiskYourBuild

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hey, I purchased a new PC and ordered it with a H60, to make a long story short what OC I can get with the H60 with safe temps?
What OC I can get with the Noctua NH-D14 with safe temps? Which is better? Should I call the store I ordered the PC from and ask them to change from H60 to Noctua? My case is a Sharkoon Vaya Value White!
-Thanks in advance!

Solution

Ask the store guys to change the cooler to Noctua. Trust me, all the high end air coolers out there (Silver arrow, NH-D14, Phanteks) perform very similar to the H100. So the Noctua beats the H60. I have had experiences with closed loop water coolers and now i have the silver arrow which is similar to the Noctua. Closed loop water coolers are loud but the air coolers are not. Get it...

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010

Ask the store guys to change the cooler to Noctua. Trust me, all the high end air coolers out there (Silver arrow, NH-D14, Phanteks) perform very similar to the H100. So the Noctua beats the H60. I have had experiences with closed loop water coolers and now i have the silver arrow which is similar to the Noctua. Closed loop water coolers are loud but the air coolers are not. Get it without having any second thoughts.

Solution

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Why the silver arrow? It's a very good cooler, but the above would seem to suggest that coolers like the Tower 120 Extreme are better.