Corsair Hydro H60 vs. Noctua NH-D14

Hey, I posted this in the air cooling category, and I'm posting it here..
I purchased a new PC and ordered it with a H60, to make a long story short what OC I can get with the H60 with safe temps?
What OC I can get with the Noctua NH-D14 with safe temps? Which is better? Should I call the store I ordered the PC from and ask them to change from H60 to Noctua? My case is a Sharkoon Vaya Value White!
-Thanks in advance!
9 answers Last reply
More about corsair hydro noctua
  1. Whats u r board and processor.
  2. The Noctua will win hands down.

We can't just tell you what overclock you'll get, because it varies so wildly from chip to chip, but I can promise you that the Noctua will keep the chip cooler, thus letting you get a higher overclock.

(That being said, if you're uncomfortable with assembling a computer yourself, then you probably shouldn't be trying to push a computer to its limit - overclocking is FAR more dangerous, and more difficult, than putting a computer together yourself.)
  3. I bought an i7 3770k and a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H board
  4. please go down to the watercooling sticky->closed loop cooler section before pulling the trigger on that H60

I'd go with a Hyper 212 or the Noctua actually. If you're really interested in watercooling, getting a XSPC raystorm kit for $200 would help get your feet wet :)
  5. NH-D14 vs H60........ I wonder who will win? :ange:
  6. Lutfij said:
    please go down to the watercooling sticky->closed loop cooler section before pulling the trigger on that H60

I'd go with a Hyper 212 or the Noctua actually. If you're really interested in watercooling, getting a XSPC raystorm kit for $200 would help your feet wet :)

I bought the H60 I don't think I can change after awhile from buying (It's still being built in a store)!
  7. so can you swap over to a Noctua then? any other coolers?
  8. Lutfij said:
    so can you swap over to a Noctua then? any other coolers?

I could have done this, but now I'm not sure.
    What OC will I most likely get with the H60?
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cooling Corsair Overclocking