Need a UPS for a 750w Corsair PSU

L3v14th4n

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I'm building my first system (mid-level AMD gaming rig), and know almost nothing about UPS, other than I think I need one. I've heard about "pure sine-wave" and other sorts, but do I really need that? Does anyone have any recommendations about how big, what brand, etc? Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
Why do you think you need a UPS? A computer power supply is designed to handle the power straight out of the wall, and in most of the US that is a fairly clean signal and the filters on the PSU clean up the noise.

A UPS is only useful if you cant risk your machine losing power, have power outages often, live somewhere with really dirty power. In general a decent power strip with a surge suppressor is more than sufficient protection for the system.
Why do you think you need a UPS? A computer power supply is designed to handle the power straight out of the wall, and in most of the US that is a fairly clean signal and the filters on the PSU clean up the noise.

A UPS is only useful if you cant risk your machine losing power, have power outages often, live somewhere with really dirty power. In general a decent power strip with a surge suppressor is more than sufficient protection for the system.

Solution

L3v14th4n

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009

Alright. That's sort of what I thought, but I saw so much about UPS's and the like...oh well. Thanks for the help!