Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need a UPS for a 750w Corsair PSU

Last response: in Components
May 9, 2010 3:45:37 AM

I'm building my first system (mid-level AMD gaming rig), and know almost nothing about UPS, other than I think I need one. I've heard about "pure sine-wave" and other sorts, but do I really need that? Does anyone have any recommendations about how big, what brand, etc? Thanks in advance for any help!

More about : ups 750w corsair psu

Best solution

a c 275 ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
May 9, 2010 4:24:08 AM

Why do you think you need a UPS? A computer power supply is designed to handle the power straight out of the wall, and in most of the US that is a fairly clean signal and the filters on the PSU clean up the noise.

A UPS is only useful if you cant risk your machine losing power, have power outages often, live somewhere with really dirty power. In general a decent power strip with a surge suppressor is more than sufficient protection for the system.
May 13, 2010 3:46:21 AM

hunter315 said:
Why do you think you need a UPS? A computer power supply is designed to handle the power straight out of the wall, and in most of the US that is a fairly clean signal and the filters on the PSU clean up the noise.

A UPS is only useful if you cant risk your machine losing power, have power outages often, live somewhere with really dirty power. In general a decent power strip with a surge suppressor is more than sufficient protection for the system.

Alright. That's sort of what I thought, but I saw so much about UPS's and the like...oh well. Thanks for the help!
m
l
May 13, 2010 3:46:50 AM

Best answer selected by L3v14th4n.
m
l
!