Playing old game in nvidia 9500gt 1gb

andyrhj

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hello,
i just bought a new Nvidia 9500GT (1Gb), i'ts good when i playing a new 3D game. The problem will come when i try to play an old game like Maxpayne or Bad Boys 2... it's say that there's something error when initiates the graphics card. Could anyone in this forum solve my problem ??
My specs is Asus P5KPL-SE, Dual core E5200, 2gb Ram.

4745454b

Titan
Is this a totally new system or just a new card? What was the old card these games worked with? Seeing as it works except for these games, I'd start by looking for patches. These games might also like a different driver, try older/newer ones.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Incompatability with older games is usually more related to the operating system than to specific graphics card. Did you switch from nVidia to AMD or vice/versa? That could have a big effect on game compatability. Did the games work before, or is this the first time you have tried to run them??
As suggested, try updating or rolling back your drivers. Also if you are running Vista or Win 7, you could try XP compatability mode for older games. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. If you are running vista or Win 7 you can also try googling the name of the game with your OS. Sometimes there are fixes or even modified files to download that will make the game run. I had to do this for KOTOR 2 and vista. There was a modified .ini file that was reqiured for vista.

andyrhj

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010

it's totally a new system. The old card was ATI X1050 128Mb and the game was work fine with this old card. I've already look for a patches for my game but none of them are working :(
Thank's a lot for your answer.. :)

andyrhj

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010

I changed nothing but the graphics card.. and the game was work fine with my old graphics card. My PC is running with XP Professional SP3.