Sign in with
Your question

My pc dosen't boot and i can't see nothing on my monitor

Last response: in Motherboards
October 21, 2010 12:40:42 PM

Hello, i got a new pc and installed it myself.Motherboard Asrock880G, CPU Phenom II X6 the problem is that when i try to start it everything seems to work fine but i can't see nothing on my monitor...also dunno about the ATX12v thing but i have it on my motherboard do i have to plug in a 4 pin power conecter or it's just something extra thanks...sorry 4 the stupid questions

More about : dosen boot monitor

October 21, 2010 1:35:47 PM

p.s i don't hear any beep even tough i pluged the pin for the speaker...

October 21, 2010 2:27:50 PM

Quote:
dunno about the ATX12v thing but i have it on my motherboard do i have to plug in a 4 pin power conecter

it should be connected
would be a lot easyer to help if you gave more info like vid card
PSU

if all power connections to the mainboard are connected (24 pin + 4 or 8 pin connectors) it should give beep codes
Related resources
October 21, 2010 2:33:09 PM

wiro67 said:
Quote:
dunno about the ATX12v thing but i have it on my motherboard do i have to plug in a 4 pin power conecter

it should be connected
would be a lot easyer to help if you gave more info like vid card
PSU

if all power connections to the mainboard are connected (24 pin + 4 or 8 pin connectors) it should give beep codes

well i have a hd5770 but i have also onboard video so i tought maybe first i have to disable the onboard but since i cant start the pc....about the atx12v i don't have a 4 pin power connecter....only with 6 ...
October 21, 2010 2:36:32 PM

wow i'm so stupid i pluged a 8 pin on a 4 ....and it works ....had this many probs because i didn't work with newer pc's for a while thx a lot u can close the thread now
October 21, 2010 2:40:29 PM

Look for the plug on the top left of the board, close to the CPU. You need to connect power to there as well. Its an 8 pin connector in your case.
October 21, 2010 3:10:25 PM

:D  nice to see you figured it out :D  have fun with the new build :D 
!